OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Please stop the forwarding notification.

Please stop the forwarding notification.

16 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ricardo Esteban Roberts Ugrinovic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Could you tell us a little more about your scenario? We have this feature enabled so that hackers don’t turn on forwarding without you knowing, and we think that most users who want to forward their email from this account will not be using this email account each day. Is there a special case where you want to forward your email but still use this account frequently?

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MagnarM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Outlook moderator! Here is a description of my use scenario:

I go to the art academy in Oslo, and we use outlook365 for the student email, but I also forward everything I recieve to my gmail. This is why:

I only get access to mailing lists and the automatic contact database through outlook365, so it's a better tool for workflow - but when my education ends, I lose access to everything. That means I risk losing important contacts, contracts, information, agreements, reviews, etc etc etc. Professionally, the art field is highly network-dependent, so it's very bad to lose stuff.

The easiest way to implement archiving is forwarding stuff to my gmail account. It's almost like a backup, where I don't risk the IT department on a whim will ***** stuff up for me, and I can easily access stuff in situations where I can get into my gmail, but not my outlook-account. It has come up in a couple of situations.

I fully understand the security reason for putting the warning there, but it's seriously annoying. It's like a small poke with a needle at the start of every workday, which I'm sure sounds over-dramatical, but try it out for yourself for a months time. It get's under your skin more quickly than you would think.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay... So Microsoft is working on a less obtrustive notification, great. That doesn't answer the question of why Microsoft feels it necessary to bombard users with such a notification in the first place. Especially annoying is the whole doom and gloom red triangle with an exclamation point in it which Microsoft uses only when there is a problem. So... What, exactly, is the problem with auto-forward? Is it illegal? If not, then what gives? Also VERY annoying is that Microsoft has chosen to completely disregard the fact that I nave ALL notifications disabled - yet still bypasses my settings to continually shove this unwanted notification down my throat, over... and... over... and... over... and... over... and... over... again. Sheesh... Enough already.

• piadmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is insanely annoying! Another terrible decision by Microsoft. This would never happen with google or apple. I do not need a warning every single time I log in! Maybe, maybe once a year.

• Onno Philips van Buren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stupid that MS decides and not the user. When creating the forwarding, add a tick box to select whether the alerts are on or off.

• Gilles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is notification is incredibly stupid annoying! I'm well aware that I turned on this option.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft - Thank You! I am very well aware that I am forwarding, and I wish to continue. Unless I am violating some policy, then kindly eliminate this annoyance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base