OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Visual Email Notifications

Can you add some kind of visual email notification? Maybe something similar to the traditional Outlook icon in the tray, that shows the number of new emails that have come in. If I'm not at my desk to "hear" emails come in, I don't notice them when I return. This means I'm constantly having to check my email just to see if I have anything.

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sherri Cunningham shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for giving us your feedback! In the new version of Outlook on the Web, we will support browser notifications which will keep you updated of new emails and calendar events even while you’re not looking at OWA.

We also have a red dot that appears on the browser tab on the OWA logo, which lets you know that you have new mail.

Colin

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you explain how to get notifications when the browser is minimized. You say there is browser notifications but I cannot find the option anywhere.

• Lorraine Burman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. This is one of the major things that's putting people off it at work. We are changing from the program to the online 365 soon. Annoyingly we work off of thin clients which do not have sound. So the only way I can see if an email comes through is if I look at it. This is not practical and means taking people's focus off of their work just to check emails and then going back to what they were doing. Really not liked for this. Desperately need this function.

Feedback and Knowledge Base