OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Do Not Drop Connected Accounts!

Called support due to slowness in downloading email from a connected account. We were told that Office 365 Business Accounts is removing this ability. I was totally blown out of the water that this functionality is being removed. We have fought hard as a K-12 to stick with MS O365 and Outlook over Google, but seeing that Google has this ability may sway our focus on using Outlook.

Please reconsider not pulling this option as I know there is a large user base that relies on this ability.

Reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/connected-accounts-is-no-longer-supported-in-outlook-on-the-web-office-365-for-business-accounts-5cc526bf-e928-4a99-8b9f-5e089df7d887?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian Chase shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paolo Provvedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Era una funzione fondamentale per l'uso che ne faccio io di Office 365, senza poter connettere altri account non serve più.

• namik sertac dogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To remove connected account and to end this service is really unbelievable! All the technology is running to cloud computing and online services and also you promised us office 365 as a cloud service. But know you did stop that service. So please explain mi what is outlook for? If I can not manage my email accounts, why I can need outlook and while everyone is running to cloud computer, how you can push us to desktop application, which is risky and headache for users. And one more thing, is that fair to finish a service one sided decision and charge the same amount still? As I told your representative Brandon, i'll unsubscribe as soon as I found other service provider for my email accounts

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was tha main feature why we choosed E3 accounts.
    I really do not understand why you have to remove such an important feature.

• ANDRE LEROUX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

KEEP CONNECTED ACCOUNTS. THIS IS A RIDICULOUS CHANGE. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR PRODUCT LESS USEFUL.

I use connected accounts to convert my clients from their "free" services to Office365. This is why this is an extremely important function.

Feedback and Knowledge Base