OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Mail rules to sort focused or other inboxes

The "Always move" option is great for helping to sort mail into the "Other" inbox, or back into the "Focused" inbox, but it'd be useful to extend this customisation via Rules.

For example, I'm a member of a mailing list that gets a large amount of mail daily. The senders vary, and they often send me important mail too, to the "always move" option is too much. I'd like to setup a Rule, if sent to mailing list, move to "Other Inbox".

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cameron McConnochie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also love the Focused/Other inbox, but still receive lots of emails in Focused that shouldn't be there, no matter how often I select "Always Move to Other". I would like to create a rule based on a certain domain for example so those mails are always (as a rule) sent to the Other inbox. Reason being is because I receive notifications on my phone for Focused Inbox only, but the result is I get notifications for mails I don't want.

• bob johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to create rule for focused inbox emails. Please add a tag or something so we can distinguish between focus & other emails.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the focused inbox. I would like to create rules to be able to define which messages get elevated to focused inbox vs. which messages remain in other.

This feature would also help to make email management, overall, smarter and more intelligent as the user would start to provide feedback into what matters.

Feedback and Knowledge Base