OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Get rid of the "Top Results" when searching, or at least allow it to be disabled.

163 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Al B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

86 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really stupid feature. Makes looking for important emails from earlier in the week IMPOSSIBLE.

If my university didn't require me to use outlook I would have been done with your subpar products two decades ago!

• Xuenan Guo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stupid feature, i have emails of log and in the past i can monitor the service status change by search the keyword. now this feature break the timeline in the result

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Top Results" spoils my whole user experience and workflow. Until I get relieve by an option to disable it I have to use alternate products. I hope someone in charge reads this thread quickly. I feel ashamed on account of the product management.

• Daniel Stephenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Top Results" is terrible and I want to disable it. When I do a search, logic dictates that I am looking for EVERYTHING containing my search term, in reverse chronological order (most recent first). Putting a seemingly random assortment of e-mails at the top of my results is highly disruptive. "Top Results" is a bug, not a feature.

P.S. Outlook doesn't know why I search for a particular term, and its efforts to substitute its judgment for my own cost me valuable time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my vote and voice here. It's useless, brings confusion (in the already cramped message overview pane), and each time I do a search I have to remember to visually skip the top bit. Not nice.
        At the very least let the user decide to switch this feature on and off.

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most stupid feature to not be able to disable. We moved from Google to o365 and, as much as I disliked gmail for corporate use, o365 is 10x worse. It would only be 5x worse if we could DISABLE THIS STUPID STUPID "feature". Please either remove "top results" or give us an option to disable it as it gets in my way MULTIPLE times per day.

• K Bowman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, Please let us disable the Top Results feature of Search - or at least let us have a choice of, say, most recent first. It has caused some of us very real problems. It makes Outlook not worth putting up with the other troubles it causes users.

• Bre Kea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is beyond useless - PLEASE GET RID OF IT - whoever came up with this feature is simply clueless - it makes no sense at all.

• O365wastesmylife commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"top" results as chosen by a braindead AI. A randomizer could do better. Your software is actually worse than having no email services at all.

• Andrey Alekseyev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to disable Top Results, it is not helpful, duplicates emails in the list, and is confusing.

• Pascal Julien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank god I can still access my emails with 3rd party applications. Outlook on the web becomes more and more infuriating to use... top results being the worst offender since it can't be disabled (unlike that other infuriating "conversation" view gimmick)

is it so hard to just display emails as it was intended - by date received?

• Naveed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is dumb and useless, please disable TOP RESULTS or allow us to disable it!

• Disappointed Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly the type of poor choice, stubbornly clung on to, which will see even a long-time Microsoft loyalist move to G-Suite. Come on gang, you can do better than this.

• Alex Warman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a terrible feature please add an option to disable this, it is making my work a lot harder rather than easier.

• Thom Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Top Results" provides absolutely no value. Further, it wastes valuable screen real estate and (most importantly) my time as I have to visually scan *below* the so-called "Top Results" to get to the search results I need, want, and expect. Just please provide the option to disable it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base