OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Get rid of the "Top Results" when searching, or at least allow it to be disabled.

181 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Al B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vladimir Nicolici commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Windows 10 mail app has the same problem. Please allow us to disable this feature. It's extremely confusing and annoying. I lost 10 minutes thinking some recent emails were missing because the top results listed random results instead of the most recent emails.

• Keane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible feature - constantly confuses me when searching for email. In the meantime, I'll be creating a CSS add on to remove this if possible.

• Robert Gonzalez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I typed adobe to search a receipt i purchased 3 hrs ago from adobe.com. Top Results showed me my daughters usage from 05/2018.... I opened the email for the heck of it and did a search for "adobe", the word wasn't even in the email.

• Norm D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) This feature is useless to me and takes up important top-screen space
    2) It never shows what I'd expect
    3) There is no option to disable it

Why implement such a feature anyways...?

• Merwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need all results, so top results is totally disruptive. We need to choose if we want to see this or not.

• Manu Srivastava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in March 2019, so why do i get an email from December 2018 in the Top Results when I search for something?
    Would be helpful to share the logic behind 'Top Results' search algorithm to make its best use until you provide a solution to disable it.

• Valerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree that it is very confusing to have the top results first when searching. I use the search very often to find old emails on specific subjects but it only makes it more difficult now with this top result feature.

• Jenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - absolutely HATE THIS HORRIBLE, ANNOYING, **** FEATURE!!!!!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really stupid feature. Makes looking for important emails from earlier in the week IMPOSSIBLE.

If my university didn't require me to use outlook I would have been done with your subpar products two decades ago!

• Xuenan Guo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stupid feature, i have emails of log and in the past i can monitor the service status change by search the keyword. now this feature break the timeline in the result

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Top Results" spoils my whole user experience and workflow. Until I get relieve by an option to disable it I have to use alternate products. I hope someone in charge reads this thread quickly. I feel ashamed on account of the product management.

• Daniel Stephenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Top Results" is terrible and I want to disable it. When I do a search, logic dictates that I am looking for EVERYTHING containing my search term, in reverse chronological order (most recent first). Putting a seemingly random assortment of e-mails at the top of my results is highly disruptive. "Top Results" is a bug, not a feature.

P.S. Outlook doesn't know why I search for a particular term, and its efforts to substitute its judgment for my own cost me valuable time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my vote and voice here. It's useless, brings confusion (in the already cramped message overview pane), and each time I do a search I have to remember to visually skip the top bit. Not nice.
    At the very least let the user decide to switch this feature on and off.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to turn off TOP RESULTS when searching in outlook in office 365.

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most stupid feature to not be able to disable. We moved from Google to o365 and, as much as I disliked gmail for corporate use, o365 is 10x worse. It would only be 5x worse if we could DISABLE THIS STUPID STUPID "feature". Please either remove "top results" or give us an option to disable it as it gets in my way MULTIPLE times per day.

• K Bowman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, Please let us disable the Top Results feature of Search - or at least let us have a choice of, say, most recent first. It has caused some of us very real problems. It makes Outlook not worth putting up with the other troubles it causes users.

• Bre Kea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is beyond useless - PLEASE GET RID OF IT - whoever came up with this feature is simply clueless - it makes no sense at all.

• O365wastesmylife commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"top" results as chosen by a braindead AI. A randomizer could do better. Your software is actually worse than having no email services at all.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base