Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Office 365 proplus at home and can sent copies of outlook emails with attachment by pressing a single button. I struggle to understand why this feature is not available in my componies Office 365 package.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love send to OneNote in Outlook. Big whiff for OWA. I'd like to adopt but not prepared to go backwards in functionality.

I submitted the help request below in relation to this issue.

It was confusing because it seemed from this article that you can change the default app for the OneNote desktop protocol, but it was not possible on my machine: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/change-the-default-version-of-onenote-on-your-computer-f261140c-5ce8-4cf4-ad0b-c9e1cb953831

After 3 hours on the phone with Microsoft support installing, uninstalling etc, the answer was that we just have to wait and upvote this thread.

Copy of my support request:

Hi there I use OneNote 365 exclusively, but I have OneNote 2016 also installed. When I use the 'Send to OneNote' Add-in in the Desktop version of Outlook 2016, it sends it to OneNote 2016. I would like it to send it to OneNote 365 instead. I am trying to change the default app settings from OneNote 2016 to OneNote 365, but not all can be changed.

I essentially have the opposite issue to this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/option-to-switch-outlooks-send-to-onenote-button/2fa6a9c5-ce6e-4cb2-ad77-229a598a0e0d See also this post: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/change-the-default-version-of-onenote-on-your-computer-f261140c-5ce8-4cf4-ad0b-c9e1cb953831

• Christine Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So disappointing that this amazing tool is not available on the OWA version of Outlook. This is the ONLY REASON I have not made the shift to from the Outlook app.

• Liz Bean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see this feature. It's one of the reasons I won't go to Outlook online only. I use this feature daily and when my Outlook client is taking forever to load or giving me issues I use Outlook Online to get me through the day. I need a workaround for my workaround and it's not fun. Thanks Microsoft!

While we wait for an official solution, this works: (adapted from a previous comment here)

A few simple steps to enable you to save your emails in MS OneNote from OWA365 or any email client (eg. your mobile device).

The end result is you can clip any email to OneNote by forwarding/sending to 'me@onenote.com'

1. Send the email to me@OneNote.com (literally "me" not your name)

2. You will receive a confirmation email from OneNote

3. Click the link in the email to open OneNote "Save an Email" page

4. There you can manage your settings and instructions can be found on how to use it

• Ben Stegink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So...I can save an email to Evernote via an Add-In but not to OneNote... How has this not been implemented yet?

Please add share or send to one note for Outlook OWA 365 online. Thank you!! outlook.office365.com/owa/

I found this solution on-line and it worked for me:
    1. Send the email to me@OneNote.com (literally "me" not your name)
    2. You will receive a confirmation email from OneNote
    3. Click the link in the email to open OneNote "Save an Email" page
    4. There you can manage your settings and instructions can be found on how to use it

• Brendan Bannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been an IDEA for WAY TOO LONG. PLEASE add this feature to the Office 365 client to be consistent with Microsoft's strategy of cloud first. It's disappointing to see such an easy and valuable update has not been addressed. Thank you in advance for your attention and commitment to this feature.

• Dave Basener commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you use a browser that supports the OneNote Web Clipper, you can get this function by opening the email that you want in OneNote and clipping the message. For email I use the "Article" selection in the Clipper.

This is very important for about 300 people who work with me. We use Office 365 web mail. And Onenote. And we are not able to save our notes to from webmail to onenote. We are using a competior product, evernote, until this feature is available.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base