OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Ability to set start/end times (and working location) uniquely for each day in my calendar

Thank you for creating a mechanism to share our ideas with you.

We desperately need a way to set start and end times for each individual day of the week in our OWA calendars to show our work hour availability across our agency. Ideally, we would be able to also set a location for that given work day so that colleagues know to what extent I'm available (by phone call or in-person).

Right now, I can generically set my start and end time under Calendar Appearance settings but it has me working Mon-Fri 8am-5pm for the rest of time. Our workplace has had flexible schedules that allow us to work more hours in a given day and take a day off in a given pay period. It hasn't been too difficult for us to set an out-of-office notification for the day we are taking off, but it has still been a slight imposition and doesn't help colleagues know not to schedule me for a meeting that particular day. However, an even more flexible work schedule is being established where we can vary the start/end times of each individual workday and vary the number of hours worked in given day. We will even be able to split a day into two separate sets of work hours (e.g., 6am-10:30am and then 2pm-6:30pm in the same day). I will also be able to have a different schedule every Monday in a given month so we really do need flexibility built down into each day in a given month; not just a day of the week. I am certain other workplaces have similar desires to deviate from setting generic work hours that are not always aligned with an employee's work day. As all of our workplaces become more flexible with people working different hours and from different locations, we need systems that make it easy to still collaborate and know when we can expect to connect with our coworkers and whether or not it will be a phone or in-person connection that I can make with them on a given day.

Please help our calendars to help us get our jobs done! Thank you so much for considering this!

47 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Suzanne McArdle (CENSUS/GEO FED) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Possibility to set up different working hours for each day,
    either : every monday 9 am to 8 pm, every tuesday 11 am to 6 pm etc.
    or : Monday sept. 24th 8:30 am to 3:00 pm, Tuesday sept. 25th 11:00 am to 8:00 pm etc.
    And add counts of hours worked in different periods of times : during the work week, during the month, between two dates (in France a count of hours work between the june 1st of year Y and May 31st of year Y+1 is important...

• Priyanka Deosthali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a flex worker, I would like to set my calendar to my custom work hours so that my colleagues are aware of when I am or I am not in the office through the week - For Example: I work 20 hours distributed through the week. If I can set up my calendar with my hours, I do not have to keep sending email updates about my schedule that week.

• Nicholas Malloy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice If you could adjust the start of the day in calendar? The day starts at 1am I wish I could start the day at say 7am. Also it would be nice if the lines in between hours of day was darker.

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't need to see 1AM-7AM, 7PM-12AM on my calendar, but would rather like to change the view to focus on my actual relevant hours.

• Claudia Ng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! I was having difficulties scrolling around the calendar on my phone and I thought maybe we could add a "day starting time" option in the settings. Say if I always start my day at 8am, I could keep the time period 00:00-8:00 hidden from my calendar. That way, I wouldn't need to scroll around empty spaces on my schedule and potentially miss an event that's at a later time and doesn't fit into my phone screen. Thank you!

• Dekany, Richard G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook Calendar: Please allow a default view of the calendar that does not start at midnight every day. I rarely have appointments before 7am and I'm also needlessly scrolling down my Outlook Calendar to find actual content.

• Tran, Dang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can the calendar view be set to show work hours only? Right now my calendar shows early morning to late night and it makes my work day compressed.

• Silver, Callie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really helpful to be able to print/view the calendar with the start & end times, not just the start time.

when I have multiple day appointments I want it to fill the whole time slot and not just the top so it's clear it's all occupied. I'd like to have it in the category color that I choose . Thanks

• Don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accommodate flexible daily work schedules in the Work Time section of Outlook Options . i.e., 9-6 M, 8-5 Tu, 9-6 W, 8-5 Th, 8-12 F

• SPJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently you are allowed to set your working hours once and it applies to every day you work. We need support for different working hours for each day of the week.

• Chris Weller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide the end user with better options for personalizing their various windows, drop boxes etc. At the moment it is quite limited and mostly bland and uninteresting. I'd also suggest the option of relocating access to things like the calendar. At the moment Outlook only allows for the calendar to be accessed via the link at the bottom of the page and for some strange reason I cant access or even see the link. All I can recall was the layout had MAIL CALENDAR and something else. It would be good if we could locate them where we wanted eg to the left under 'Discover'. OR at least make it so we could access the calendar from in 'settings' for example or 'folders', whatever.

Enable calendar start & end times to be set separately for each day so part-time workers to show the hours they are working. I have just moved to part-time working and have had to set up dummy appointments to block out the time when I am not at work.

With organizations supporting part-tiem working rather than completely losing an employee's skills and experience, this should be a standard option rather than assuming that people work the same hours each day.

Feedback and Knowledge Base