Email list could be made more intuitive/communicative through styling.
I find the default styling to be less than intuitive. Here are the problems I have.
* Unread messages are too difficult to identify at a glance.
* The "wrong" content is emphasized.
* Senders names stand out (not as important for some of us)
* Subject lines (most important to some of us) visually display like secondary info. This also contributes to the difficulty in identifying unread email.
- There is a lack of visual boundary between messages
I have created my own CSS to restyle my inbox to address the above issues. A screenshot of my restyled inbox (apologies for the redaction that makes it harder to read) can be found at http://i67.tinypic.com/11tpuf5.jpg
It would be really nice to support different style formats that emphasize different elements. Some people may want the sender's info to be emphasized. Others may not. As the settings are now, even if you choose to display the subject line before the sender, the senders information still visually grabs more attention because of its considerably larger size.
Better yet, and add-in that supports custom styling that doesn't break on every update to the interface would be great too!