OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Appearance improvement

There is not enough contrast available in your display choices. There are older people like me (and even older!) that have a harder time seeing than most of the people in their 20's that make these choices.

46 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Valerie Tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[on online outlook for O365] Right now, the font colour and size that indicates an unread email is exactly the same as that used for the day separators. Very confusing. Best if we can customize it or if designers will change the user display

• Juliana Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improve appearance of 365 login screen for retina display. Currently even the default Microsoft image appears pixellated. The template should allow for appropriately sized images for retina displays.

• Juliana Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be options for customizing the OWA login screen that do not require creating a stylesheet for the following options:
    - Change text on the login page to be able to do things like tell users to use their @yourdomain.edu email address
    - Fix the copyright date

• MS Hein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just switched to Outlook 365 for our office email, and I have an older version of Outlook on my home computer. I don't like the way emails display on either version, and I don't like the fact that the options to customize are so limited. (I've had the new Outlook on my home PC for over a year and still don't like it, so it's not because it's new and I'm unfamiliar with it.)

It seems like you're moving in the wrong direction. Users used to be able o customize much more --now, not so much. Specifically, I don't like the way the emails in the Inbox are segregated by Today, Yesterday, Last Week, and so forth, and there should an easy way for me to change this to match my needs. I want to see a seamless display in my inbox, just sorted by when it was received. The only thing I want displayed on each line is the name of the sender, the subject, and the time and date it was sent. And I want it to display in one line across.And I don't like that the name of the sender is in a larger typeface above the subject line--I'd rather have it read:
    Sender Name | Subject line | Date | Time,
    all in one line, all in the same type, with everything bolded when it's unread.

I also don't like that the only way you can tell if an email is unread is by the slightly bolded, blue subject line. I'd like the Sender name, at least, to also be in bold since it's larger and more prominent so I can more easily see which emails are unread. This display is too hard to read and figure out.

I also haven't been able to figure out a way to easily delete a bunch of unwanted emails. When I select the box on the left, and then scroll down and shift and select a lower-down box, I expect the functionality to select all he emails in between so I can delete them. This is not the case. It only selects the one check box I select down at the bottom.

Feedback and Knowledge Base