OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Auto CC/BCC myself in emails to be sent

In my Outlook 2010 client I was able to set a rule so I was automatically added as a BCC to any emails I sent. In this way, ALL emails came in to my inbox allowing me to then file in the appropriate project folder. I did not have to go to my Sent folder to take my own emails and file. I could work exclusively out of my inbox. Every month or so I clear out old items in my sent box on the basis I have already filed anything important.

I cannot find a way to achieve the same result in O365.

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can manage all of your emails from the one folder if what you send automatically CCs yourself in.

Rules can be created to facilitate this in the app but not the Outlook 365 portal.

Can the web portal be given this feature?

• Chris Viney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use a rule in the desktop version of Outlook to BCC myself on all e-mails I send. I do not see this functionality in the web version. Could you create the ability for such a rule?

• Anita J Gonzalez (CENSUS/DNRO-FR FED) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there was an option to automatically CC yourself if you need to "file" copies. it could be added to the grouping where you request a read receipt. That way you can file them from the inbox instead of having to remember to add yourself to the cc line in the email or searching through the send folder. Or it could be a self CC icon in the options such as the delete, flag, pin, or move cases.

I would like the web version for Explorer to have a function that my mobile device has, the ability to auto cc my self on all emails I send out. or to be able to set up auto cc's so when you send out any email from this account it sends a copy to whom ever you choose. Makes it easier to re send out a email I have sent or replied to than searching the sent box for it. That way I always have a copy.

Need ability to set Rule for auto CC self on sent emails in Outlook web version

Feedback and Knowledge Base