OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook on the web (Office 365)? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. drag and drop emails to calendar and tasks

In Outlook The ability to drag and drop email into "tasks" as is available with the desktop version...PLEASE.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar on Right Side Panel

Is it possible to have the personal calendar /appointments as a sidebar on the right side of Outlook?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users of Outlook Web Access (OWA) to set customer reminders for calendar

I am a user of Outlook on Windows for 15 years, on MacOS for 5 years and on Office 365 OWA for 18 months.

There is a feature for calendar reminders on Windows which is not available on OWA or Mac version and I would like to request it be introduced in a future upgrade (sooner the better). Please note I have submitted the same request albeit reworded for MAC on the Outlook Mac suggestion list.

I have tested this functionality and confirmed it is available on Windows Outlook 2007-2010-2013-2016 but it is not available on Office for Mac either…

452 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search Folders!

Outlook desktop has SearchFolders. I use that in connection with Categories to organize my email. This is a more flexible approach since one email can be part of multiple categories and thereby show up in multiple search folders. (This emulates the Gmail labels)
    The web version has no search folders. PLEASE bring them in. I can't really use it otherwise.

335 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First, I want to thank everyone for using the product and sharing with us your feedback.

This is great feedback and we are discussing the need to provide the basic filtering function for Search. We will update once a decision is made.

In the mean time, I’d like to share a temporary solution to ease your pain. It’s a bit more technical so not everyone is going to be comfortable with it. I apologize for that in advance. You can add “isread:no” (without the quotes) after the search term (separate your search term and isread:no with a space) which will filter the search results to show only unread emails.

Thank you for helping us make Outlook.com better!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base