OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook on the web (Office 365)? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fetch Button

a fetch button so anyone who sends you an email while on a call one can fetch the email faster than waiting for it to arrive. That would be great to have as many other email providers have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable single-key shortcuts in Outlook online.

Disable single-key shortcuts in browser version of Outlook. I accidentally delete or archive emails without any message stating that I did so all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Strike through available on right click while editing word document

Hello,

Would it be possible to have strikethrough availabe upon right click or to have some choice on that toolbar?

Thanks,

Danun.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. web version office 365 outlook - view and manage templates?

make "view and manage templates" function available on Office 365 outlook web version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Miscellaneous Improvements

You don't need new features you just need to fix existing ones. Please make the logins and logouts significantly faster. Remove the "stay signed in" page completely since it is a) unusable and b) I don't think anyone minds signing in every time they check their e-mail anyways. Please make it so that a e-mail that is currently being read is immediately marked as read as opposed to having to click onto another e-mail to mark it as read. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show all unread emails in a list

I have always tried to make sure my inbox count is zero, meaning all emails have been read. Recently, my inbox count is 1... but I can't find this email. I think it is probably within one of those long emails with multiple replies that I have been cc somewhere. But it's ok, I can ignore this one for now. I am sure I am not the only one with this problem.

So, I have a suggestion. This would solve my problem if there is a button that will list out all the emails that have not been read only.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Return the Sweep Function; Expand limit rules beyond desired contacts

Bring back the Sweep function to include the e-mail address. Expand the rules to include the actual e-mail address rather than limited to the name. Case in point, I've received MULTIPLE e-mails with the EXACT address of "na.t.hans.r.a.p.i.d@gmail.com" but different names as if they were different senders. I have referred this actual problem to you and still at least three e-mails with the same e-mail address and different names arrive in my Inbox daily. If you're unable to halt this, at least assist me it blocking them myself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show raw message body when viewing details

"View message details" only shows the raw email headers but not the message body. This feature is present in most email clients (even Outlook on the desktop -- see "View Source") and is very useful for troubleshooting rendering issues.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SET UP TABS IN E-MAIL

BEING ABLE TO SET TABS IN THE TEXT AREA OF E-MAILS YOU ARE WRITING

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Draft Template for multiple use

Making Drafts. I type a draft to send to my students. However, I need to attach different attachments for each student. I would like to be able to save the draft and reuse it for each student. As it is, I send the draft to one student with his attachments. Then, I have to copy the email, paste it into a new email, and attach the documents for my next student (which are different than the attachments for the first student. I have to cut and past the original email twelve times, once for each student. Why not just be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Outlook Bug

Hi,

Just wanted to bring your attention towards the "Stay Signed in" alert that comes after logging into outlook. Even after selecting Yes, system prompts again in next login which was not intended. And once I have selected never show this message again then also same message prompts. So, my suggestion:
    1. Either disable the functionality
    2. Enable the functionality after the issue is fixed.

Regards,
    Abhishek

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Streamlining.

Hi,
    Could 'For Information Only', 'Action Required' be added to the Message Options choices? This would allow information requiring action, or not, to be disseminated and sorted. I think it would be an aid to communications.

Also, a 'delete by' function whereby we can set a rule that any messages of a type or from a recipient group will automatically be deleted - or even a 'mission impossible' function that will enable the sender to set a 'destruction date' should they wish to.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add email reply quote indentation to Outlook web email

Provide an option to indent quoted messages in Outlook web email replies (and forwards). This exists in the desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. productivity tools

Add ons will be super useful to support mail productivity and tracking like gmail also adding features like snooze, task and reminders

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can we have the option to completely disable OneDrive as attachements in OWA

Can we have the option to completely disable OneDrive as attachements in OWA

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change the location of new message alert pop-up.

How about allowing users to choose the location of "New Mail" alert pop-ups?

Or even better, put the Close (X) for currently open emails over on the left side of the screen.

So far in one week of using Outlook in my browser, I h ave successfully opened the "New Mail" in the alert about 20 times while I was trying to close the current email I was done reading!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a discard action for Inbox rules

Regarding "Inbox and sweep rules", I would like to have a "discard" option added to the list of available actions. Even though I can choose the existing "delete" action, the rule still places the matching emails into my Deleted Items folder; I'd rather have them bypass Deleted Items altogether.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Server Address for Manual Setup

Need my outlook server address

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A way to see how many unread emails you have showing on your email tab.

Is there a way on the settings to recognize when you receive an email on your tab. For instance when you're in another screen other than your email usually from other previous emails we've used you can see 1,2,3 etc emails that you haven't read yet that is displayed on your tab for that email window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The 'From' field, aliases, and their associated signatures

• From field needs to stick, and there needs to be a more intuitive way to add send-as addresses.

• One also needs to be able to send from alias that are not associated with a mailbox.

• One also would like the option (similar to Gmail), where you can 'always reply from the address to which the message was sent'

• Finally, one should be able to have different signatures for different send-as alias (also similar to Gmail).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base