OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook on the web (Office 365)? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. message filters

I have this app (Office 365) at my workplace, I use yandex at home, it has filters to sift through my messages so I can either mark them as read, put them into whatever folder, it can screen messages for certain words or phrases so if I keep getting messages that are useless to me I can just have it file them or just delete them. I can't stop some from coming, but if I can filter them out it would keep my inbox cleaner

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replying to Dated Messages

Display a warning when you're replaying to a message in a thread and there are more recent messages than the one you're replying to

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow download and upload of Inbox rules

In mail Options... Inbox and Sweep Rules...
    Allow users to download/upload a XML (or other) text file of the current Rules to allow for off line editing, and storage.

OR as a minimum allow you to Copy-N-Paste the current settings
    for each rule from the web interface.

Currently you can not select the text defining the rule!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Grouping Reply Emails Problem

My idea is for improving mass communication emails. Essentially, emails that might be sent to all employees.

Current problem: when some replies all, it gets grouped with the original and the last reply message becomes what you see in your inbox. The original message is hidden except for the title.

Fix: Keep the original Title, Sender, and first line visible in your inbox, but make an icon that communicates "Contains Replies."

It would make sense to read all these emails in chronological order.

Major Issue: Several times important information got buried by silly employees that "reply all" with a long…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sorting messages

Thanks for the opportunity to share ideas!
    I'd like to be able to sort from the message that is selected.
    So if I have a message from Sally selected, click something that messages would sort by sender beginning with Sally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. get notified out of outlook itself

have the on/off setting for notifications on your device.
    meaning not just in outlook but on the notifications on say a laptop its self. so if you have your emails open but your on a different sight or app and your sound is off, then you would get notified on when you get emailed, just in case your waiting for something really important or just a chat. but what would be even better is if you got notifications even when you didn't have outlook open.
    now that would be handy
    so please do your best to carry through with this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Efficiency improvement when typing email addresses based on firm name

Very frustrating that Outlook Web doesn't allow me to find email addresses based on typing in their company (or extension). This is handy when I can't remember everyone's name at a particular firm. However, outlook only searches based on first letter!! Simple to fix, right?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More options for the right hand toggle menu

More options to reflect in the task pane that pops up where Skype and "notifications" and settings pops out. So that you can view calendar, contacts, tasks, them simultaneously with your mail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deleting emails on website ios

I use an iOS, I either use the email icon already in my iOS or I use the website, i want to delete my entire junk email but I have to do it one by one, I either have to log in on a regular computer or download an app just to delete the trash and junk folder items. I refuse to download an app for just email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mail view in Folders

In Outlook Web App, when we get back to folders, we should be at the mail we had last accessed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dislike Button

A dislike button, in all sense of the term and in all practicality. Some way to use the psychological need for approval that humans seem to so seek to at least curtail the amount of spam and/or toxic material in my inbox. Thanks for reading!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove requiring conversations with emails.

I need an option to remove conversation stacking of my emails. This is a ridiculous problem in my email. It should not be assumed I would like to hide & stack emails I have not yet read. Whether or not some people want older emails they've yet to read to be hidden beneath newer emails in a chain, I should not be required to do this. Please remove this requirement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SfB Missed Conversation

Give an option to stop getting skype for business "missed conversation" emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Persistant Icon for incoming / unread mails in the upper statusbar

In Outlook Online erscheint der Hinweis auf neue Mails nur sehr kurz. Ich schlage ein Symbol für neue Mails vor analog zur "Glocke" für die Benachrichtigungen, das die Zahl neuer Mails inklusive Mails in Unterordnern anzeigt.

Outlook Onine: I would find it useful to have an icon similar to the "bell" in the upper status bar that indicates how much new (=unread) Mails are still in the Inbox, including those in subfolders. Acutally the short hint when a new mail arrives disappears fast and is often overseen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Undo save to onedrive

When downloading a file / saving a file to one drive, it is quite easy to mis-click the wrong option. there should be the ability to click the same option again to undo what you just did.

E.g. you go to download a file, but accidentally click "add to one drive". You then have to open up one drive, hunt for the file, and delete it.
    Instead it should change the "save to one drive" option to "remove from one drive".

Many thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Categorize email in Outlook 365

Hi, I am using Outlook 365 in my organisation. I find it extremely annoying that I can categorize an email but canNOT look for categorized emails other than having to type in the search box. This makes me wonder what the whole point of having "Category" at all? This also raises questions of what use case your developers are using. Obviously this is not well thought-out. Really look forward to this necessary feature being added in future releases. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow auto-reply for every message in shared mailboxes

Allow a shared mailbox to have a "reply with" rule like a user mailbox, or allow out-of-office to be sent on every message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Access to mailboxes without them being in Global Catalog

When recovering a mailbox owned by a person that have left the company, it is pretty pointless to have to make it visible in the Global Catalog for people to be able to access those emails.

People should be able to connect to mailboxes that are not visible in the Global Catalog as long as they have the required access rights.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simultaneous log-in of multiple email accounts

I would really like to see a feature like the Outlook app, or Gmail has where you can be signed in to multiple accounts at once in one browser/browser window. I find it tedious to have to constantly switch between accounts if I need to check my school email while also at work needing to keep my work email open. I have had to resort to using Google Chrome for my student account and Safari for my work account to prevent anger and annoyance from needing to switch back and forth.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base