OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook on the web (Office 365)? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ?viewmodel=IComposeCalendarItemViewModelFactory redirects to inbox in the new Outlook Web Beta

A lot of third party tools depend on viewmodels like the one in the title of this idea. This particular viewmodel doesn't work as it should. When I add this to the owa url, it should open a new meeting dialog, but instead it redirects to the Inbox.

The one for a new e-mail (?viewmodel=IMailComposeViewModelFactory) works great! You guys would help me a lot when you add this feature to the new beta! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. colorblind mode for calendar

colorblind mode

I don't know if this exists but in my calendar I have a couple of green and red things next to each other and they look the same color to me. I added charms in this case which helps but it would be nice if they have patterned background for colorblind people. I can send a screenshot if it helps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. All-Day appointments should not be "sticky"

Allow full-day appointments to scroll

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Funtimes ahead

Add Tribunal of Penance (a.k.a. ***** of Doom) to everyone's calendar on the 31st December 2099

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. save change do not email option

when modifying a calendar event ask if update should be sent or don't send update to guests

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When an event is cancelled the email notification should state 'cancelled' in the Outlook Web App, like the desktop and Android clients

Email notifications of cancelled events should show as cancelled in both the Outlook desktop and web clients. Currently the notification does not show the event as cancelled in the web app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Select Calendar

re: Create Event Modal

Please add a 'Choose Calendar' dropdown.

Ex: just like email if you have multiple accounts to "Send From:" Dropdown >> Select alias >> Message now sent from Alias.

I need/must have my Calendars in order. I'm not quite sure why I cannot select which calendar an event is for.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Attendance indicators in calendar view

Add a visual indicator of summary acceptance (tracking) info to the calendar view. When I'm scanning my calendar for upcoming meetings, I'd like to know at a glance if I have quorum for meetings. Today, it takes several clicks to open the meeting, selected attendees, track responses, and finally I can see who's coming and who's not. I'd like to have a quick visual indication right on the main calendar view--no clicks required--of the overall acceptance rate. If it's green/full, I know I'm good to go. If not, I can then dig in for details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Appointment Blocks

Add an "Appointment Block" feature like Google. I create a block of time on my calendar, and users can schedule meetings for that event during that block of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Time limiters on Calendar Sharing

Within the calendar sharing options, it would be great if a time limitation could be set when choosing with whom to share a calendar with.

Currently, if I want to share titles and locations, the person who I share it with would see past and future. Adding a time limiter, similar to Automatic Replies (Out of Office) would allow greater choice...

Thanks for your consideration....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Load more room/location options after 50 in Office 365 Outlook Calendaar in a web browser

When using Office 365 for Business in a web browser like Chrome or Firefox, and you try to schedule an event on the Outlook Calendar in a specific room, the number of options provided are limited to 50, with no option to load more. Could we add an option to load more? I have an instructor where I work who would like that. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to accept a portion of a meeting

In situations where I have two or more overlapping meetings, I would like to option to define which portion of the meeting(s) I am able to attend; for example, the first hour of a two-hour long meeting, which would then reflect in the response to the organizer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. highlight feature

add a feature to highlight certain parts of the calendar. Such as if a person that has scheduled a meeting that applies to you, then you can highlight only that certain part and not all of the calendar items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Able to place recurring items on specific dates without it being at regular intervals.

Make it possible to move calendar items of a title to another calendar. Or to copy one calendar to another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Past dates and calendar admin

Hello,

I do a lot of scheduling for others at our office. It would be great to have a calendar administrator version that could be given to certain folks for the capability to move meetings for anyone in the organization, see details of other's meetings, etc.

Secondly, I would love for their to be the option to "gray out" past days of the week. Where I can still see them, but it is a little more distinctive or easy to tell at first glance what day you are working in presently.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Timezone issue with all day event

When we set up an all day meeting, we set it in UTC time, with full string of "2018-08-21T00:07:00Z" to "2018-08-22T00:07:00Z", which is PST 21st the whole day. But the result returning to us only has "2018-08-21" to " 2018-08-22" .
    Will Microsoft always solve the date in the right time zone?
    Since "2018-08-21T00:07:00Z" is already 3pm in China, and will have a data deviation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to Choose What Type of Meeting

It would be great to have an option that someone could check whether they prefer to meet by phone, Skype, in-person, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Appointments/Events Popup missing

I've only been using Outlook for Office 365 a few days but one thing I have noticed that I miss and that I found useful in Outlook 2013 is the reminder popup for calendar appointments. I know there is the 'bell' icon at the top of the outlook 365 window and the 'next event' slot at the top of inbox view pane, but these are too small and do not give a prominent warning of up coming appoints. Consequently I have so far missed the start of a prearranged appointment and an 'All Hands Call'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add staff member's name to their calendar when it prints

The "old" Outlook would print the person's name on the bottom of their calendar so you knew who the calendar belonged to when you have a shared printer. Please add that feature back - doesn't matter where the name populates, just so it shows up. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Highlight the day your are looking at, NOT always "today"

Please highlight the actual day your are looking at in calendar. Highlighting "today" when you're actually looking at a different day is very confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base