OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook on the web (Office 365)? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reminders for 5th weeks of the month

Please make an option to set a repeating event on the 5th days of a month. I want to put reminders on the 5th Wednesday of each month that has one, but the only option is to put it on the last Wednesday of each month, but that's not what I need.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pay Calendar

Hi! I am a new employee. I noticed when I was setting up my calendar in Outlook that there are separate calendars (like for holidays) that you can add to your own calendar. However, there is no calendar for pay periods/pay days/clinic closures, etc (or I just can't find it). It would be nice to have a calendar available to all employees that can be easily accessed from Outlook to look at start/end dates for pay periods, pay days, and possibly clinic closures (Christmas, New Years, etc). Thanks for listening!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Calendars - due dates should go into calendars as well

For printing off calendar options. Not sure if it's even possible but if I choose weekly agenda, it would be wonderful if things that had due dates appeared in each day as well instead of a running list of tasks. I currently have to make all these "meetings" so I can see them. Also for tasks, can those be for the week your printing? I never include those because the list changes, but I get the same list over and over.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add easier menu when invite for a meeting

sometimes people invite me for a meeting but instead using a calender event menu , they just write an regular invitation via email. So my idea is :
    1. add menu with 'create meeting invitation'
    2. or make an option when you right click the email, add menu 'insert email in calender event', then we pick the day & hour, ect. So when i click it at D day, i could read the email too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "Fake busy" toggle to randomly block off some times

I like the idea of being able to have a "fake busy" button to turn on and off that will block off some times in your calendar. Square appointments has something like this and I like the idea so that as a new business, it doesn't seem like my times are completely open and that Im actually getting booked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Text Presentation of Office 365 Calendar Entries

Text based Calendar List View in Office 365 Outlook. It might include checkbox options for basic data attributes such as date, time, location, subject, attendees, etc. It might also include dropdowns for date ranges. Each calendar entry listed might be edited by clicking on an edit icon if the changes are possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Suggest meeting new timeframe

Suggest meeting new timeframe

Sorry but I cannot find how to suggest a new meeting hour, while it was possible in the previous version of OWA

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better calendar. It's not meeting my needs.

The calendar in month view hides many events that are in the afternoon or evening. How about a different view that scrolls down through each week, but every event is always visible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Outlook Calendar event invitation mail gets deleted upon event acceptance through Calendar app on iOS or on Android

Currently the Outlook Calendar event invitation generated by outlook gets sent to the invitees through email. That invitation generates a calendar event on the recipient account.
    If the recipient now accepts the invitation through the calendar app on their mobile phone, the acceptance is sent as a mail and the incoming mail invitation also gets deleted automatically.
    This auto deletion of invitation mail happens only for invitations generated through Outlook and not from any other meeting invitation generation client like Yahoo even if used on the same native Calendar app on iOS or on Android.

This deletion of mail automatically…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bookings Ideas

We are really enjoying using Bookings, but it has a few less features than we have come to love in Acuity, which was our previous scheduler. We would like to set parameters on when appointments can be booked. For example, we only want some appointments to be available during the morning or others not during certain chunks of the day. If we are able to do this, we haven't figured out how.

Also, we love the buffers, but they don't show correctly on our iPhone calendars. On Bookings, they are shaded and that's awesome, but the shading doesn't work on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. State in Settings window whether some settings are locked by administrator, and if so, which ones.

Show us settings greyed out if disabled by our work administrator; don't hide them. It's not clear to me how to change some calendar settings and the only explanation I can think of is that the administrator has locked them and you have consequently hidden them. Please add some disclaimer in the settings window specifying whether the administrator has locked various settings. (For example, I can't figure out how to change the shading / active hours, or specifying a next-seven-day view.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. To maintain the add a calendar option as it exists in the current Outlook in the new Outlook on the Web.

In the current version there is an option to select and add a calendar from the directory,etc . This appears to have been removed from the top title line in the new calendar . This is a quick access button to be able to briefly view a calendar and schedule a meeting .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New UI Missing TIMEZONE on Create Event

When creating events in the existing UI there is an option to select the Timezone. The new UI on the release track at the moment is missing this useful feature.

Please can we get the feature back, why does every new UI released by MS remove useful functionality!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. group calendar permissions

There should be a way to set permissions in a group calendar. When you have 100 people in a group it is very likely that someone will inadvertently delete an event and remove it from the calendar. Please fix this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Details written in calendar event title auto-convert to event details

Ability to type a time into the calendar event line and it automatically become the time in the event/deletes from the event title line - Example. When I type "Meeting 8a-9a in the conference room" in the event title line and it automatically changes the title line to "Meeting", the location is set for "conference room" and the time is set for 8a-9a. (inspired by google calendar)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How about NOT sending a 404 whenever I try to submit feedback after switching from the 'new' calendar to the old one?

Whenever I switch from the new calendar to the old one, I get a pop-up 'Would you like to submit feedback' dialog. Every single time I have tried clicking on the 'submit feedback' button I immediately get a 404 error. It's almost like you don't want to know what I have to say.

Here's an example link that produces a 404:
    https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/914554

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy another email address when accepting an invite on Outlook

I'd like for it to be possible to copy another email address when accepting an invite on Outlook. I keep track of an executive's calendar -- he gets appointment invites that go to his Outlook calendar but he prefers to keep and use a different calendar. In order to keep the calendars in sync, I would like to be able to copy his personal email for Outlook invites so the invite will also go to his other calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. cancellation alert on APP

cancellation alert

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Problem with vertical scrolling

In the calendar view, Vertical scrolling doesn’t work on (the last version of) Chrome (with computer display activated) on iPad Pro 12’’ with iOS 12.0.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. All day calendar events to be clearer

Rather than have all day events only appear at the top of the day can they entire day be highlighted in bold rather than only down the left hand side. This would make it a lot clearer that this person is not available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base