OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook on the web (Office 365)? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve collaborative calendars, remove need for a single "Owner"

Coming from gmail back to Outlook, the calendar settings are absolutely awful for collaboration!

In Gmail you can have a shared calendar with many owners meaning no single owner gets email responses for every change by a collaborator!

In any Calendar invite you can simply swap between any of the calendars you have write access to with a drop-down. etc.

You should look at and copy these features with pride, they are excellent and significantly improve productivity!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show what calendars are opened above the calender view (new Outlook design)

Show what calendars are selected like In the old Outlook design where all selected calendars were listed above the calendar view. When you have a lot of calendars in your list it is harder to see what calendars are selected and viewed in the new Outlook design.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Filter calendar by events that need to be approved

It would be nice to be able to filter events on a calendar to show only ones that need approval still.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color Coding Calendars in group Planner

When using planner for a group, is it possible to assign color codes to each individual in that group?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatically make past events in calendar private

Future or current Calendar events are public, since collaboratively speaking it could help colleagues to see whom you are meeting. However once meeting events take place, this information is no longer strictly "collaborative", instead it may be used to retrieve your historical business contact information. A feature should be added where say, after two weeks, all meetings become private. You keep them for your own look-up but anyone else doesn't have access to the historical information of all your meetings...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Full access delegation doesn't provide the message or details to calendar items

Members of the full access delegation resource cannot see the contents of the message. How do calendar admins share the details of a meeting. This feature is requested of work space admins who manage rooms and oversee meeting preparations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Outlook Meeting Update

If you update a meeting (e.g. change room, add notes) in Outlook365 for Windows a mail goes to the invited persons starting with "Cancelled" (in German "Abgesagt"). This is quite confusing. The calender is correct; the meeting is updated with valid information.
    BUT: Why can´t the e-mail start with "Updated", which would be correct???

If necessary I will send screenshots to illustrate this very unpleasant situation which is contionously causing trouble.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to check create date of schedule items in the calendar

It would be better if users could check create date of schedule items in their calendar so that users can know which schedule item was created earlier.
    When in case of double booking, infromation about create date makes it easier for users to decide which schedule item to decline and which schedule item to approve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Want to see start/end time for events in the monthly view in the Outlook Calendar

It would be great if we could see start/end time for events in the monthly view in the Outlook Calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Calendars‘ monthly view on the new Outlook on the web

If you switch to monthly view calendar in the new Outlook on the web user interface, you don’t see the display name of calendar owner.

Current user interface can show the display name on the top of the screen so that we are able to recognize which calendars are shown when viewing multiple calendars.

We would like you to remain the view that shows the display name on the new user interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More room for All Day events

I would like to be able to adjust the size of the space to enter "all day" events. I have so many entries that I have to scroll in the top part. I don't need 1am - 5am LOL

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Declined calendar invite yields NO MORE emails when updates are made to invite!

If a user declines a calendar invite, don't include them on future email updates when the invite changes (i.e. location change, attached document, added invitee, etc.) Decline should mean they don't want to attend AND don't want any further communication about the event. Perhaps keep active email updates to Accept or Tentative replies only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve Outlook on the Web to show all calendars in calendar groups

When adding user's calendar to multiple calendar groups, Outlook on the Web only shows one calendar under one of the groups (mostly the first group being added).
    Please improve Outlook on the Web to show all the calendars.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When creating calendar 📅 invite meetings - allow end user to create two meetings within the same day under one request.

Calendar 📅 invite meetings - allow end user to create two meetings within the same day under one request. For example: I want to have a pre conference at 8am and then have a post conference at 2pm on the same day with the same end user. I don’t want to send multiple 📆 invites to the same person/people. Instead, I want to create one meeting and have option to customize it within the day, or block of time that I’m looking to focus on. Would love this feature added! 👍🏼 thank you for your time!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Draft for Calendar

Let us say I have a meeting coming up next month. I want to add all the participants (say I have 60 of them), add the details like subject line , agenda etc......but I want this meeting saved as a draft in my calendar and i would like to send it only when it is time, like after I confirm on some dependency. Like how we can save emails as draft, I should be able to save my meetings as draft, (would like grey color indicating that it is a draft and not sent out) and send later whenever I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The meeting room list shows duplicated rooms when using Modern UI.

I would like you to improve the modern UI to show available meeting rooms correctly, because I found some of rooms are shown duplicated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. receiving messages as iCalendar attachments

Please explain how to receive meting invitations as iCalendar attachments. Searching my settings and Help has yielded nothing relevant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatically reply Tentative for meeting invites during out-of-office periods

In addition to the "Automatically Decline" checkbox, please also include:

[] Automatically accept as Tentative new invitations for events that occur in this period and include this response text: [___________].

I like to keep "declined" meeting on my calendar for historical reference by responding as "Tentative" and noting in my invitation reply that "I cannot join but I'm holding it as tentative in case my plans change".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Choosing Outlook Calendar Dates

is there a way to choose multiple dates that are NOT in sequence?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Outlook - copy email message into an invite. having to convert an email message to .msg format and then insert is NOT a time saving option

Outlook - copy email message into an invite. having to convert an email message to .msg format and then insert is NOT a time saving option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base