OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Folder Icons / Color Coding

In the far left navigational tree, where you find the inbox, drafts, created folders, etc., the folder name text, for each folder, could be more visually distinct for quicker visual navigation. Right now, the list of folder names is stacked vertically with double-spacing with only gray between. I think it would be better if the folder rows had alternate shading, or some sort of colored folder icon to make mousing to the correct folder more intuitive and visual, instead of just textual.

- Thanks for your consideration!

29 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Guy Rimel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So after reading MANY MANY requests to have Microsoft add colored folders to the folder tree, the newest update turns the regular "Yellow" folders into plain white outlines of folders.
        Any chance MS can go in the right direction and fix stuff that people WANT! Getting very tired of software going down hill.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am generally not to fussy when it comes to colours, however, the background colours (white and greys) for all colour Themes is very hard to read some important areas of the screen - in particular, the window edges and scroll bars.

The Outlook program itself does a better job of this with darker edges and wider scroll bars - many of my colleagues refuse to use 365 Outlook for this reason.

• Kyra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think if OWA added this it would just be so much more colourful....

Feedback and Knowledge Base