OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Meeting Poll Feature

When creating a calendar invite, Poll for a time to meet will give you the option to send convenient time slots for your invitees to vote on the most convenient for them, when a time is agreed on, Outlook will automatically send invites and add it to the organizer's calendar.

46 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Microsoft OutlookAdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Outlook Calendar TeamAdminOutlook Calendar Team (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

At Microsoft we pride ourselves on being customer focused and we apologize for the frustration that our decision to remove the FindTime add-in has caused for Outlook for Windows users.

We are committed to using important customer feedback received in this situation to inform our decisions, moving forward. We are working with urgency to re-enable the FindTime add-in as fast as we can.

Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks – Outlook Calendar Team

187 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moving this out of the Outlook client and to OWA only is a mistake, unless you were hoping it wouldn't get used anymore. Does this mean my MS rep will no longer recommend the upgraded O365 licenses for my enterprise to include the desktop client because they offer less functionality then OWA only? Great, should save us a fortune!

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot find the UI for managing the poll once it is sent out. How do I see my invitees votes and choose the winning time? The documentation only covers the creation of a poll. All in all the new implementation is extremely disappointing.

• arnosarnos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

changing Dates is not possible. Situation: I sent a poll but received a note that I choosed a wrong month. I can't edit the Poll and resend it. Recipients run into "bad request" in an empty page when trying to open the poll now. confusing

• Adam HansonAdam Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never use OWA and can't believe you removed my FindTime add-in. Boooooo!!!! Way to ruin something useful.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I DON'T USE OUTLOOK ON THE WEB. I USE A DESKTOP CLIENT! Why are you taking a feature that was so useful and RUINING it for those who said it was so useful, and yet you claim you are listening to the great customer feedback!

NOT everyone wants to use Outlook in a browser. It's MUCH better as a desktop client.

You have RUINED your customers abilities to be effective. Well Done and SO typical of Microsoft.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing what others have said - it's a bad move. Forcing people to open up an Outlook webclient when they are already working in the full Outlook windows/mac client makes no sense.

Another vote for bring it back! (in the meantime we'll use doodle)

• EvanEvan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The user experience is very disjointed and not intuitive at all. You have also removed functionality since there no longer seems to be an option for attendees to recommend an alternative meeting time to what was proposed. I understand you are working to make the product better, but you made it worse by removing functionality that users were familiar with.

• Martin AsencioMartin Asencio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Greatly disappointed. Why replacing something that was so useful and worked well? This is not a solution for Outlook Desktop anyways... Bring findtime back. Freebusy guys should be very happy.

• CharismaCharisma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now, how do we select and schedule a meeting if multiple options are agreed upon?

• John TowlerJohn Towler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please re-enable FindTime as quickly as possible. The Meeting Poll Feature has way too many issues. I loved the FindTime feature and was very disappointed to see it be replaced with an inferior service.

• Job WijnenJob Wijnen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to plan the appointment myself. I would like to have the option to choose between possible dates so the system doesn't choses itself. Futhermore I would like sent the confirmation of my appointment by hand so I can choose how the confirmation looks like when send.

• David ZilkaDavid Zilka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Taking away something that was working well and leaving some (myself included) with no substitute makes me look at other products and providers. I do not understand how that is good for business.

• Nate ZimmerNate Zimmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Removing a feature from the client version and only implementing a new feature in the web version was clearly not a customer focused decision. Looking forward to seeing the feature added back to the client.

• DCDC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An obvious bad decision to remove FindTime from OfW. All the wasted development energy, and money as well as customer frustration to show true user understanding by Outlook Team is only reactive. I guess 20/20 hind sight is better than no-sight.

Thank you for bringing back FindTime, and correcting the mistake.

• JodyJody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very disappointed to see that FindTime has been discontinued...

• AnonAnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"At Microsoft we pride ourselves on being customer focused and we apologize for the frustration that our decision to remove the FindTime add-in has caused for Outlook for Windows users."

AND MAC (Word 2016) USERS! it worked great on that, too.

but thx at least for the update -- we look forward to seeing it back!!

• AGAG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has done it again! Made a great thing useless....
        From MS - "Since FindTime was an add-in for Outlook, we decided that the best way to help even more people save time was to make meeting polls available directly in Outlook on the web."
        Taking it to OWA is a great idea but discontinuing the Outlook add-in doesn't make sense. Like most of the enterprise users, I access email via desktop outlook client 99% of the times. You could have made it available in both the places. But for that you need to understand your users well which clearly is not MS strong suite.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base