OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook on the web (Office 365)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook on the web (Office 365)? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark Mode for Office 365

Need a dark mode for office 365

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback and request Dark Mode for Outlook on the Web in Office 365.

We have heard this feedback loud and clear and have added Dark mode as part of our new Preview Client. Right now the feature is enabled for Targeted Release tenants/Users.

If you want to try out this new feature you should ask your admin to configure you for this early release group. As we continue to validate the new experience we will slowly roll it out to all users over the coming months.

For more details about everything the New Client experience offers, you might want to check out this blog. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Outlook-Blog/An-early-version-of-the-new-Outlook-on-the-web-will-be-available/ba-p/225338

Thanks!

David Los

2. Add option to not open calendar in a new browser tab

The new UI forces you to open a new tab when you click on the calendar. I want the option to switch to the calendar in the same tab.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicating Calendar Events

In the Calendar Application/Portal - allow for singular duplication of events.
    Not repeating events, just the ability to take an event and copy/paste it to another day.

Example:
    Tues - January 10th, Staff Meeting 10am

Duplicate

Thursday - February 24th, Staff Meeting 10am

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In OWA calendar, when searching for Room Mailbox it does not populate room mailbox automatically and instead need to click on "ADD ROOM"

In OWA calendar, when searching for Room Mailbox it does not populate room mailbox automatically and instead need to click on "ADD ROOM"

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make unread messages more visible with bold face black color font

Instead of a light blue font for an unread message, just make the whole message a bold face font. It's easier to see what new messages you have. The current color scheme is too subtle.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email moderation buttons (Approve/Reject)

It would be good to have the ability to approve or reject moderated emails as you can present to in OWA. Beta has no buttons for this, and I have to swap between the two versions

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Visual Email Notifications

Can you add some kind of visual email notification? Maybe something similar to the traditional Outlook icon in the tray, that shows the number of new emails that have come in. If I'm not at my desk to "hear" emails come in, I don't notice them when I return. This means I'm constantly having to check my email just to see if I have anything.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for giving us your feedback! In the new version of Outlook on the Web, we will support browser notifications which will keep you updated of new emails and calendar events even while you’re not looking at OWA.

We also have a red dot that appears on the browser tab on the OWA logo, which lets you know that you have new mail.

Colin

8. Add back Open Calendar option

In the old OWA you could add a colleague's calendar by right clicking a calendar group and then selecting "Open Calendar". This would allow you to search for your colleague and then add their calendar to your calendar group in the sidebar. This is an integral feature for team based, global companies in order to keep track of your colleagues' time and location.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sweep rules

Have sweep rules that are easier to manage

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback and request improvements in Rules and Sweep Rules.

We have heard this feedback loud and clear and have been working to simplify and add functionality to Rules management in our new Preview Client. Right now the feature is enabled for Targeted Release tenants/Users.

If you want to try out this new feature you should ask your admin to configure you for this early release group. As we continue to validate the new experience we will slowly roll it out to all users over the coming months.

For more details about everything the New Client experience offers, you might want to check out this blog. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Outlook-Blog/An-early-version-of-the-new-Outlook-on-the-web-will-be-available/ba-p/225338

Thanks!

David Los

10. Delete Search History

Give option to delete search history. (In Search Mail and People box). Obsolete email ids and search terms turn up trying to autocomplete, which is an annoying experience. Checked your forums - found that delete feature is not provided my microsoft.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to announce that you’re now able to export and delete your search history on Outlook.com.

To do this:
    1) Go to settings (top right-hand gear icon)
    2) Click “View full settings”
    3) Navigate to General → Export
    4) Under the “Search history” section, click “Delete history” or “Export” and follow the prompts on the screen.

11. Unread/read mails not easy to distinguish

It's hard to distinguish between the read and unread mails in my inbox. Using a different background color or perhaps using an icon like a colored dot on the unread emails would be helpful to clearly identify the unread emails. Right now only the subject of the unread emails appears in blue which is easy to confuse with the rest of the theme and doesn't stand out. Thanks for taking this feedback. Have a great time :)

782 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

267 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback and for using Outlook on the web!
    In order to make your message list appear less cluttered, try changing the following settings. Click on the gear in the top right hand corner, and turn off Attachment Previews, Sender Photos, and Message Preview text. Hope that helps!

12. Insert image option for signature

I want to be able to insert a button into my signature, but there is no option for inserting an image (png or jpeg). Thanks

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have enabled this. If you do not see it yet in your Outlook for the web experience it will roll out to you soon. Thanks for your suggestions and I hope you like the feature as much as our team does.

13. Adding Skype for Business meetings to invites (beta)

On the latest Outlook beta the ability to add Skype for Business meetings to invites has disappeared. I need to keep returning back to the old version to send these types of invites.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Outlook 365 - People is Inneficient to use

Not user friendly - Outlook 365 Web -

I am struggling to use Outlook on the web porthole vs using my desktop Outlook Program.

Please help Office 365 Outlook web app -
    the search feature does not come up with the correct people.
    the way that it displays them is useless to a small business
    We would like to view the contact cards. i need the notes area viewable at all times.
    We need the search to be intuitive - Business, and last name are priority - we also use the notes area to be searchable. If your are the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

16. FIx your mail box

Maybe fix you program because currently I cannot open my two mailboxes simultaneously. Somehow when I open one the other address is not found and unless I use the icognito tab I am stuck in one mailbox or the other. Given that these are addresses that I use all the time, it is quite frustrating having to constantly switch to incognito in 2018

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

17. Meeting Poll Feature

When creating a calendar invite, Poll for a time to meet will give you the option to send convenient time slots for your invitees to vote on the most convenient for them, when a time is agreed on, Outlook will automatically send invites and add it to the organizer's calendar.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

224 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base