OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for iOS? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

1. Frequently Used Folders

Just how the desktop version of Outlook has a list of your most recently used folders, when you click on the folder icon, your most frequently or most recently used folders would be at the top of the folder list. Maybe just the last 5 or the 5 most used would be at the top. Then the rest of your folders would list alphabetically afterwards. This would be instead of having to scroll through a long list of folders our to type in the search box to move your email.

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    51 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set default reminder for meetings

Add the ability to set a default reminder notification instead of "none".

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  73 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It'll be great if we can delete our drafts with merely a swipe in the drafts section of Outlook iOS.

It'll be great if we can delete our drafts with merely a swipe in the drafts section of Outlook iOS. Currently, we need to open that email and then delete. Why can't we delete it with just a swipe like in the other folders (Inbox, Sent etc)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Switch accounts by tapping "inbox" title bar

Would be nice to have the ability to tap inbox in the title bar to quickly switch between accounts.

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  74 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for starred messages

Make it easy for user to (1) star messages in inbox and (2) quickly access the starred message folder.

This is the only feature that is keeping me from using Outlook as my mobile mail app. Please see CloudMagic for how this starred functionality might be executed.

166 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  37 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Calendar integration with Ticktick

Native integration, as done with wunderlist.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import Calendars' notifications

I have numerous different Google calendars and each have their own specific notifications, such as 2 hours before for "work calendar" but 1 day before before for "band calendar." Instead of having to re-type all my default notification times once I brought them in to Outlook, it would be nice to have them sync !

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Quick steps like Desktop Outlook

I would like my quick steps to be available like they are in the desktop version. Not having them curtails my workflow.

351 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  58 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Follow Up Flags

Please let users set flags with dates in Outlook App (same as Outlook). Include a view to allow users to access emails that are flagged.

270 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    74 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. iOS 7 Support

Why doesn't this app support iOS 7, because it should. I don't see ANY features in the app that require iOS 8-9. Plus I have an iPhone 4 that runs iOS 7 and really love Outlook Mail over iOS Mail and really want it one my iPhone which is not compatible. There are many people with devices that only run up to iOS 7.1.2 and want Outlook Mail. So please bring out this feature or I will got back to iOS Mail even on my iPad

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search folders when moving an email

Need folder quick search, either to see contents or to move emails to a folder faster

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    66 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Send column

Add send column in each account beside focused and other

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Apple Pencil Support

Looking forward to seeing apple pencil support for iPad Pro once it comes out - native Apple mail will have markup abilities built in and would love outlook to take advantage as well

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copying the subject line

Hi, would it be possible for the user to copy a selection of the subject line of an email without replying or forwarding the message?

Thanks, great app

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  63 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Labels vs folders

Be able to label an email (e.g., school, money) with the custom labels you have set up in Gmail rather than simply moving the files to those folders.

The labels in Gmail, while folder, can also just be used as labels in a unified inbox. It's one of my favorite features. Without it, I just simple can't use outlook.

Also, would be nice if we could have the colors from the labels / folders from Gmail transfer. They are a nice quick guide to what am email is.

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  32 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keep your place when changing orientation

If i'm reading a newsletter and the phone gets turned slightly switching to landscape mode I will end up back at the top of the newsletter. I find this very irritating. There seems to be a similar feature that was marked completed but it is not.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sent items (email) automatically stored in same folder as original.

Similar feature to Windows Outlook whereby replies to emails are stored in the same location as the original e.g. a sub-folder.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rearrange File Accounts

I'd like the option to rearrange the order of the accounts in the file tab, so that I can put the account I usually use for documents first.

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  35 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Outlook calendar to 'Today' screen

Please add the Outlook Calendar with Events,Reminders and Appointments to the Today screen.

Thank you.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for iOS

Categories