OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Hide buttons when reading/scrolling through long emails

Especially in landscape mode, I'd love to get that vertical screen real estate when there's less of it when I'm in landscape orientation. The iOS app Mailbox by Dropbox does this well, but I prefer Outlook for so many other reasons.

Thanks!
Dane LaBonte
Dane.M.LaBonte@gmail.com

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dane LaBonte shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark Hambly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s a cool feature, but it doesn’t need to be sticky. Have it hide when you scroll down and the appear when you scroll up. Easy peesy.

• sbassem@sodic.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I’m trying to read an email using landscape mode on iPhone X, the bottom bar that shows reply,... is very very annoying and I can’t hide it.

• Romer, Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For work life balance, there are times I want to see my calendar but hide email (weekends, for example). Was able to do this before the app on iPhone.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With outlook on iPhone you have the ability to hide email accounts. I use my phone for work and home use and on holidays and weekends I like to ‘switch off’ my work account. Intune does not provide this feature. Please introduce it ASAP
    Many thanks

• v-tiswan@microsoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ton of wasted space when I rotate my phone to landscape view. Extra space on left and right navigation. Too much are taken up by top and bottom ribbon. Please look at improving this UI as it detracts from rotating the phone to see more text. Fill the space with content, not blank area.

iPhone 8+
    iOS 11.2.5
    Dog food outlook app.

• Andre Lombard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When reading email, the navigation buttons and actions (delete, reply all, etc) take up a lot of screen space, which makes reading a long email on my phone harder than it needs to be. Please auto hide these after I have scrolled down. And auto show again when I scroll in the opposite direction. This is what other mobile apps do, for example Safari browser on iOS.

• Andre Lombard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When reading email, the navigation buttons and actions (delete, reply all, etc) take up a lot of screen space, which makes reading a long email on my phone harder than it needs to be. Please auto hide these after I have scrolled down. And auto show again when I scroll in the opposite direction. This is what other mobile apps do, for example Safari browser on iOS.

Frustrating to be required to have the panel on the left (iPad) with all of the emails instead of having a full screen email option.

• Agostinho Aragao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When browsing email or reading them, by scrolling down, all buttons and menus disappears until scroll up.
    It allows focus on reading emails and more available screen to read.

Hi,

It will be great if you add full screen reading view and auto hide all the icons as it will help us reading long emails in detail without compromising with screen size.

Hope you will add this feature in next update

• Brian Besel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add option to disable toolbar at the bottom. It crowds the viewing of emails. You can achieve this by moving the bottom toolbar buttons to the left panel where the email folders are. Would then have a simpler and cleaner look for others who want this feature as well.

• Nguyen Mau Dat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to control show or hide the navigation bar when scroll mail list.
    And move the Tabbar to right same as folder list at left

• Anders Hellström commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hide the reply and forward button banner in both normal and landscape mode when scrolling through an email!!

• Pavlos Evangelou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give to the user the ability to hide/show the reply taskbar when viewing an email. There is very little viewing real estate.

• Eric Gould commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These arrows take up precious real estate that could be better used for reading the actual email.

← Previous 1

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base