OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for iOS

Search old emails

Need to be able to search emails older than one month. Many email apps have a "search on server" option. This would make Outlook almost perfect.

606 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel ClyburnDaniel Clyburn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

130 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Outlook UserOutlook User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm honestly shocked that this isn't already a feature. I've been using outlook for exactly a month now and, while I love the app, I'm going to have to uninstall it now as no server search function for older emails renders it completely useless. Yesterday I could find my flight details. Today I can't.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it very hard to find my old messages there should be an easier way to look for a message that has been sent a few weeks or possibly months ago

The mobile app is s pain to use, especially when trying to find old messages. The nesting of messages drives me batty

I want all my emails, at least the possibility to search for them. Even those since a while ago.

Hi - would really like the ability to download all old emails on phone. Now it's only going back 30 days/1000 emails. To go back any further, you have to manually keep selecting "load more conversations".

Thanks

Dear Team,

I face issues when searching old mails , unable to find messages at right time.

Search all emails (not just downloaded)

It's f-ing ridiculous this does not already happen

Rather than just loading 1000 messages or 1 months worth, I'd like the option to load all emails. Would love to use Outlook exclusively instead of default iOS Mail app but this limitation prevents it.

Desperately needs this - otherwise app is only useful for fresh incoming mail. I have been caught out at airports and hotels struggling to find emails I need because of this

Outlook doesn't download more than a few weeks of mail and won't search back more than a few months. Should be able to download up to a years mail history and search much further back.

Finding old email trails and sent emails could be easier. Find you get lost easily when looking back through them

• Mohammad IssaMohammad Issa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When searching for an email, allow the search to go to the cloud and retrieve emails from the cloud.

The app limits the emails stored on the device for one month. In many situations I need access to emails from earlier dates. Other email apps have the feature. Your app does not.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base