OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Auto Mail Sync Only In WiFi option

Please add Auto Mail Sync Only In WiFi option so mobile data will not be used in case unwanted emails.

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Parande, Uday shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ramirez, Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I send an email using my 4G and not WiFi, it comes with risk of never being sent and never being kept in draft or outbox (I don’t see outbox anymore either). This is a serious issue. I type an important email while on the train and click send and it goes straight to midair and vanishes. That is unacceptable. We use outlook for professional emails and business and it has failed. Fix this!

• Jason Redmill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us the option to download calendar data only.... I need to keep my work calendar updated on my personal mobile devices via Outlook (fab by the way!) but I have to download my work emails too.......

• Bilodeau, Katelyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The loading speed is horrible. It takes a very long time for the emails to update once the app is open. It doesn’t matter if I’m on WiFi or not. I leave the app open in the background and would expect the app to keep refreshing in the background.

• Rober, Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IOS 11 has made it so message notifications show on the home screen, but the app won’t download the messages unless you specifically call for the all to do so.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One issue that I am finding is a lot of the attachments download automatically when I am not on Wi-Fi. I received a large amount of emails and my Data usage is incredibly high. It would be good if it only download attachments on Wi-Fi, or unless the user clicks on the attachment to download

• AngelaKruk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the app to work without wifi and the use of data. I only have access with wifi and it's very annoying

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intelligentize switch the signal status, stop to waste cellphone celluar data at unnecessary time.

• Connolly, Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also have file size limit on cell downloads or notification/confirmation when downloading large attachments on cell data

• Jnagel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a setting to automatically download all attachments while on WiFi. For people who travel constantly in places where cell and wifi to might not be available, this is critical and a standard feature of laptop version of Outlook.

• David Carroll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you reply or forward a message the content and attachments do not automatically download. The app should have a setting to allow this to be done when on wifi. Thanks for the consideration!

• Greg Cloud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be awesome if forwarding or replying to an email that it would automatically upload the prior conversations and content

• Christina Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option like in regular Apple mail where it will download new mail only when connect to wifi, this way if you get a lot of emails you won't chew through your data.

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base