OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Swipe to delete in thread

Currently you have to tap the little symbol at the bottom of each email to view the whole message and then delete. Would be nice to be able to swipe or even hold/select/delete within the thread itself.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andre shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Horton, James M.:(BSC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please leave the inbox alone. Nobody wants a “focused” inbox, and now that I’ve turned that off you reverse the order of the email trail? I open an email and have to scroll waaaaay down to see the actual latest message.

It’s like the bumbling Keystone Cops seeing how Outlook gets consistently messed up because someone thinks, in a vacuum, that some idea might be worthwhile. Please— if there’s a security threat, yes fix it. Otherwise please leave things as they are, or if you must foist some bizarre reverse-order thing, make it optional.

• Doug Levoguer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes I wish to reply to an individual within an email thread while leaving out previous respondents, the problem is that I can’t choose which message to reply to within the thread, I must reply and delete content

• McAfee, Thomas [ETHUS] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to swipe to Delete a message in a thread like the native iOS app. Deleting emails, one of the most common tasks, is insanely archaic in Outlook

• Arianna Bruzzone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is difficult to work with email chain form different senders on the same scree.
    It would be better to keep each email a separate entry

• Jones, Haley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When emails have the same subject, even if they are not related, they all go into the same thread in the outlook all. It makes it very hard to find emails.

• Richard Blumenstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, when you are in a thread the Archive button is missing so if you want to archive individual messages instead of the whole thread you have to do it outside of the thread where it's harder to find the individual message. You can delete an individual message but not archive it

• Girish Solur Virupakshaiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When emails are organized in a thread, then for every email in the thread we don’t have options to either move it to a folder, delete etc. The entire gets moved to a folder if we try though.

So the ask it to provide options per email in the thread as available in normal scenario.

• Engwall, Stephanie R:(GenCo-Pwr) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Doing swipe from top deletes the entire thread, and there’s no way to move emails back to inbox without opening and forwarding back to self. Then subject changes to Note to Self

• Jose S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello good morning can i suggest one feature;)

Inside one conversation example 6 mails if I want to delete one mail let's imagine the 3th one would be much simple if was possible to slide instead of open that mail then delete

• chris.jensen@jbssa.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

List/be able to swipe (move or delete) messages in conversation same as Apple mail. Currently have to select/open individual message to move or delete.

Could also accomplish by adding swipe function once all messages show in conversation.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would nice to be able to swipe left and choose to delete, move, flag etc. a message... now I have to go into the message and swiping archives the message (I don't need/want to archive messages).

• Lucas Perez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add ability to swipe to delete an email from the lock screen. It used to be there prior to upgrade to iOS 10 and apparently it is there for 3D Touch but as i still have an iPhone 6 I have lost this functionality.

• Ciarrocchi, Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When emails are linked by conversations you can see them all, but to delete any one email within that group/conversation you need to open the string then open the individual email and hit delete.

Suggestion: allow you to delete an email within a string by sliding left or right or even hitting a garbage button for an individual email. Fewer steps and keeps conversations clean. This is how GMAIL does it.

• Novak, Mark A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When in organize by thread view, it would be nice to be able to swipe to delete individual emails within that thread

• Jon Stroup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the function to 'swipe to delete' specific emails when viewing an email conversation thread. Right now, a swipe moves to another conversation. I would like to use this to clean up conversations. There's no way for me to attach a screen shot example to help, but I would if I could.

← Previous 1

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base