OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Swipe to a defined folder

I Think if I have an swipe option to move an e-mail to an especific folder, this will be amazing. I have a folder named "action required" so, an swipe to left I Would put directly in this folder.

83 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Fernando Luiz da Silva Sobrinho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dario Atallah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I move an email I’d like to have the option to send it where other emails like it were sent. For example a receipt I always send it to the receipts folder.

• Sayyed Zaidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    If you move email from a certain person to a specific sender Yahoo mail remembers this and next time when you try to move emails from same sender it suggests you to move in to same folder which you choose last time but in this outlook we have to scroll and find folder as i have too many folders and it would be helpful if you add this feature it will save alot of time.
    Many thanks

• Giulio D'Ali' Aula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggesting adding to have the ability to swip and Move to a specific folder, in order to avoid having to search for it

• Jeff Crossley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have the app learn when I move emails to a folder to quickly move emails and not select a folder every time like the iOS email app does.

• Swayze, Swayze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your move to folder button takes like 3 steps to do. It would be better to just swipe it right to move or allow us to choose what swiping does.

• Randy Wildebrandt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Windows Outlook I have a simple action that will move an email to a specific folder.
    I use that all the time.
    I’d like a similar function.
    A way that I can use a single tap to Move an e-mail to a specific folder.

• Vasu Manickam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook should have an option to set a default mail folder (not Inbox) to be visible when the app is opened. This way my attention will be on the most important emails making me more productive.

• Welliver, David (US - Minneapolis) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow you to define the actions of swipes. For instance instead of archiving on a swipe I want to move an email to a predefined folder. In my case, I want to swipe the emails to my “2018” folder for archiving. Not the “archive” folder

• tmitt@microsoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option to specify a default folder when swiping a mail to move it to a folder. This was a time saving feature in the Windows Phone version.

I usually swipe to move a mail after it's read. 99% of the time I move mail to the same "read" folder. On iPhone, I have to manually select the same target folder every time, and this is wasted time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Swipe to archive but would be helpful to have an feature to move messages easily too?

• Frank King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to move to a specific folder on menu
    Add move to menu for left or right options

• Sajjid Dawood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to swipe left and move to a mailbox within and automatically recognize sender like available in Apple mail.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to swipe to move the email into a folder that I've preselected other than archive. Right now I can swipe to move it into a folder but have to do one more step - select a folder. This would let me swipe my emails into my DONE folder and get me to zero inbox.

← Previous 1

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base