OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Closing keyboard

While writing a mail smt i want to look and read what i wrote.

But there is no any button to close the keyboard. Therefore its hard to see all message...

Could u please fix it??

79 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tufan Akkarpat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Husar_Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe it would be a better user experience to allow the user to minimize the keyboard and scroll through emails being composed, and only display the keyboard again when the screen is tapped (or double-tapped). This would allow scrolling (to re-read, or scan through an email under composition) with a maximum amount of screen real-estate — this is the current behavior in Apple Mail and worth adopting in Outlook, in my opinion.

• Bair, Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable Google Gboard to work on the Outlook app. I avoid using your app because I hate the hunt-peck typing.

• Sean @ Newlough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was suggested and apparently fixed back in 2015, but the issue seems to have re-appeared. When I am composing an email and try to scroll after dismissing the keyboard, it pops up every time, taking up lots of screen real estate. This is irritating and should be fixed. Thank you in advance.

• Jon Beets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When replying to an email, tapping anywhere in the reply causes the keyboard to show, which covers half the screen, even if the keyboard has been manually closed. This is very annoying when you are reviewing the content of the email. Can this be changed to a tap and hold choice?

• Cherise Goins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The keyboard covers the reply when typing a message. You can’t see anything you’re typing and only the first line when you lower the keyboard.

• Deanna Sakeley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reply line at the bottom of the email gets hidden by the keyboard. Can’t see what I’m typing.

• Nicholas Quinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m unable to see my message as I write it once I get to a certain point in my message. Very frustrating when this happens. Doesn’t happen all the time. May be a glitch.

• Sebastian Berry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is the option to hide the keyboard in Outlook missing? Notwithstanding the fact that Apple is stupid for not making keyboard hiding an integral function of the keyboard, Outlook should not prevent hiding of the keyboard.

• MCC (Mr M.Carter) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I open a message in maximised view and tap it to scroll, the keyboard pops up and is visible. Even when I hide the keyboard it reappears whenever I tap to scroll. This is annoying because it sometimes obscures what I wanted to see. Please could you make it behave differently - allow tap to scroll without the keyboard showing. A firm press to place the cursor should make the keyboard appear.

• Nate Zimmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When replying to a multi email thread the keyboard covers the reply so I can't see what I'm typing on iPhone 7 plus. Switching to landscape mode shows the first line of the reply but not the edit window.

• Craig.Finbow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When replying to emails, the text box is obscured by the keyboard so I cannot see what I am typing.

The keyboard isn’t manually retractable or minimised and I cannot increase the size of the box I’m typing the reply in.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For some reason keyboard is in the way of the last sentence you are typing making it impossible to see what you are actually typing.

Give option to select keyboard layout when in landscape mode on your IOS device.

Currently with the latest update it no longer conforms with the default iOS keyboard layout.

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The message should scroll as I type within the display area above the keyboard. If I write more than eight lines on my iPhone 7, app version 2.62.0, they keyboard covers the text and I can’t see what I’m typing. Even trying to manually scroll, I can read, but not continue to type. At line 18, scroll does begin, but that means I can see lines 2-9 while typing line 18. Please adjust scroll to begin at top of keyboard.

On touch screen device e.g. ipad I want to review my mail draft without keyboard. Unfortunately as soon as I touch the screen to scroll the keyboard opens and occupies more then half of the screen real estate. Pls consider.

• sid@concerts.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability to collapse keyboard. I currently can not send in a support ticket as it requires me to enter my name which is at the bottom of the screen with no way to navigate to it.

← Previous 1

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base