OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

The move button

This needs to appear at the top of the email without having to click the three dots. I archive emails and having to add the extra tap to get to the move button is very annoying.

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Buzz Black shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

50 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Henrik Henriksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the upper right corner of the Mail Window there is 3 dots for acces to where to move a mail to another folder. This is very good. However, very next to the 3 dots is the trashcan for delete. It is very unfortunate to hit this is stead of the 3 dots, but if often happens. Please move these two function further away from each other.
    Br
    Henrik

• Mark Music commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Move it to the three dots on top where it is persistent.
    Plus if one taps Read More, the functions are not shown.

• Mark Music commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If one needs to Reply, Reply All, Forward or Delete one has to scroll all the way to the top.
    Move these options to the three dots at the top, where it is persistent.

• Andrew Solmssen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently only delete and archive are visible, file to folder would be very useful and save a tap on almost all my messages.

• Vincent Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you’re in a message, the ... menu is positioned right next to the trash button. Can we move either button somewhere else so that it doesn’t get deleted by accident?

• Matt Cekander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When in Inbox, love the swipe feature to Move to Folder. Enjoying the App so far.

Have a suggestion (or perhaps I’m overlooking better Way?):

When viewing the actual email, upper right hand corner shows Archive and Trash buttons. Possible to also have ‘Move to Folder’ button as well? Would save a step instead of hitting the ‘...’ button first (which I therefore end up doing several times each day).
    Thanks for considering, and keep up good work! Matt

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Push the cursor to the search button when you want to move a message. That would save a click instead of having to push into the bar to type

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if it was possible to change the Archive button to a Move button when viewing am email.

As I move emails and not Archive this would save a couple clicks for each email.

• mlcossio1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The file (box) icon should be to move selected email to another folder not to archive an email. Archive as an icon and as a left swipe is not a good feature. I have never archived an email and never will. Please add or change icon to allow moving to different folder in this app.

• mlcossio1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The file (box) icon should be to move selected email to another folder not to archive an email. Archive as an icon and as a left swipe is not a good feature. I have never archived an email and never will. Please add or change icon to allow moving to different folder in this app.

Place the Move icon on the top bar, not hidden within the 3 dots. The space is there, wasted with nothing there.

It would be really nice to be able to save a message or thread of messages right from the message reading view. Now, you have to go back to the inbox and press-hold the message, to mark it/or more, to send it to a folder.

Also, some way of saving messages to frequently used "save folders" to make the navigation task a little less involved.

Thank you.

• Mike Aylott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment I have to open a sort of extras menu to move mail to a folder. I have often mistakenly archived an email when I wanted to put it in a folder. Can you make it easier to both see how to put an email in a folder (the icon for which looks more like a forward icon) and to undertake that action (less taps)?

It would be great to choose what the default ribbon functions are. For example if I want to have MOVE be the default instead of ARCHIVE. :)

• Chen, Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a move to folder or an option to customize what menu items I can use at the top.

• Tim Jeong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I need to press "..." to access a sub menu to move an email to a folder. I move my emails to folders a lot so I'd like to see the "move to folder" button in the menu so I can access it directly.
    Thanks!

• Codosta Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update the app so that you can move emails to another folder without having to open each one

• Rex Zhou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally like to move emails into different folders because I'm OCD. I would like to have a "Move" button somewhere on the screen after you click into an email. Currently, once you click into an email / the reading panel, you have two options at the top right - delete and archive. Obviously, no one archives anything, so why not change the archive button into a "move" function? This way I can easily move the email to the right folder instead of going through a drop down list.

Thanks,
    RZ

← Previous 1 3

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base