OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Block

Being able to block a contact from emailing you instead of it just going to junk.

5,300 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jack Williams shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1661 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • M. alfadhel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently i can’t (or maybe don’t know) block some email address from sending to my inbox, the same foes for some other emails that i found them in the spam/junk while it should be in the inbox.
    User should have the option to blacklist and whitelist

• BHag87@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would to nice to block a ************* from harnessing emails so I don’t have to keep changing my email. I’m sick of this ****. So I am getting yahoo email.

• Sunil Gurung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google doesn’t even have one spam but your software has lots of spams even if i throw them in spams. This needs to be treated seriously

• Burton, Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my Signature Block, my company requires its logo. I can only get the lock to accept text and not images. Please let me know if there is a way to update the signature block.

• C. Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like everything about Outlook. It’s very user-friendly and I like all of its features!

HOWEVER, I have no idea why it is in Outlook’s best interest to not allow your users the ability to BLOCK an individual. It’s something Outlook is very aware of; they know it’s been a very sought-after feature with Outlook commenting that it may one day offer it. It is a BONUS FEATURE on every other email platform that people not only want, but it is very much NEEDED.

I now have someone who is very hostile and who refuses to stop emailing me. Not being able to block that one person is worse than any spam issues. Are you not offering it because you’ve told advertisers you aren’t putting block ability which is in THEIR best interest to not be blocked...which gives Outlook a lot more AD REVENUE? It’s the only thing I can come up with.

My harassing emails are way past annoying and is now stalking at this point. And I MUST BE ABLE TO NOT SEE THOSE EMAILS! They come in 2-3 a day and CC’d to many other people who read the most obnoxious and unsettling emails...all of which invades my privacy.

I’ve seen so many people online discussing this issue on chat boards and with people being upset to learn from another user that there is no way possible for them to BLOCK anyone. And many have said they are changing their email address to GMAIL because they have an easy button to push to block anyone.

Again, I ask why would Outlook choose to lose customers over a NECESSARY FEATURE that every other platform gives to their customers? I’m extremely curious as to why you don’t offer the blocking of anyone. HOW WOULD IT HARM OUTLOOK TO HAVE A BLOCKING FEATURE? If it isn’t offered soon, I will be forced to go to gmail; which many people like AND it has an easy BLOCKING FEATURE.

Regards

• Tom van Amelsvoort commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Het zou ontzettend fijn zijn als we mensen via de app direct kunnen blokkeren...

It would be awesome if we’d be able to block people directly via app.

• Kendra Paulson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us block people. I’ve been trying to break contact with my ex for over a year and because he can still send me emails it is making it extremely difficult.

• Kianna Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be an option to block someone. I get spam mail with no way to to unsubscribe or block them and it is very frustrating. People are getting crafty and I don’t trust the links they supply.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 83 84

Outlook for iOS: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base