OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Email Formatting

Color, fonts, font size, bold, italic, ... for composing and replying.

Strikethrough font

11,524 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Richard Pitruzzello shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2601 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also please as the ability to add logos to email signatures as a GIF or JPG. And make them linkable. Thanks.

• Simon Johns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add to this. Again iOS / Android versions of Outlook should offer a consistent email service to the OWA / desktop offerings. Currently when I send an email from my iOS / Android devices the default font is Times New Roman but OWA / Desktop Outlook uses the much nicer Calibri font.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The request would be ideal, but at the VERY least the ability for mail to adopt basic universally accepted fonts, like TIMES NEW ROMAN, CALIBRI, VERANDA etc. The worst decision made in this app was the adoption of the HelveticaNeue font which isn't a native font on any platform causing an obvious separation to office and mobile use (which isn't desirable)

• Reto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please: Currently I cannot comply with the CD rules of the company I work for when using Outlook for iOS. Please add the option to define fonts asap!

• ha16ai@brocku.ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an IPad Pro user, this app does not allow me to bold, underline or increase or decrease my fonts. Please consider adding these features you have on Mac OS to IPad os.

Thank you.

• My-Trinh Yu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see the ability to change the font on my iPhone outlook email replies. I’d like it to match my desktop outlook font and phone replies.

• Sengupta, Arnab (US - Hyderabad) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide an option to increase or decrease the default font size . The current font size is too big . This is not the display font size but the actual size that a person receiving the email sees . Please ensure it is completed within the next 30 days

• B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quite strange that basic formatting is not possible.

Also very annoying when an email drafted on my PC using Outlook with formatting, saved to draft and sent from my phone using the app then messes up the formatting!

• Tais Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Business App, where I send emails to multiple clients constantly, it is embarrassing how outlook doesn’t allow proper formatting of the emails. When I see my email from my desktop app the next day, I feel like it looks unprepared and like I have no email etiquette. This is the most unprofessional app I’ve ever seen. How hard is it really to apply such a BASIC feature to such a simple app? Come on!

• Sarah Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When composing an email from my phone I would like to be able to highlight, bold or italicize text instead of just from a laptop.

• Bjoern Sprotte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggest that standard font size is smaller in mails. When opening in desktop client, font size of messages sent from App is pretty big.

• DRP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the ability to change default fonts in email.

• Ankit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is quite frustrating that an email app of such calibre and potential is missing a very fundamental and significant feature. Please include the ability to format emails for composing and replying in the next update roll out. I can't wait to have this important feature.

• Charlie Ambler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently emails send as HelveticaNeue in a grey colour with 1.5 line spacing. There's no way to change this either as a default formatting or even change it for specific emails. A new default font setting and also a text colour and font editor would be good. Secondly the text looks black on iOS but not on Outlook for Windows. It's an incongruous uncustomisable experience at the moment.

• Jimmy Kemper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow for font management. Goal should be for us to not be able to tell the difference between an email sent from a desktop and one sent from the Outlook app.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 130 131

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base