OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Better Folder Management

Create, Edit and Delete Folders.
Auto-collapse folders in the side bar when the list is too long.
Arrange order of folders

9,607 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Simon Bacal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3359 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark Hodgkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When making folders, it is unclear in which folder the new one will be placed.

Please make this clearer.

Perhaps add a step asking which folder you want the folder created in.

Thanks.

• Nigel Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So how come this is still “under review” rather than complete? It’s not even down as being worked on!

• carlos kurek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess it is self explanatory but. ow I access my e mail in my phone 90% of the time I cannot delete old folders . I know I can delete the messages but not the folder

• the2sheds@hotmail.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I contacted Support to ask how I might be able to rename a folder and also how I might be able to delete a folder. This is the response from Support:-

I'm sorry, but currently, deleting/renaming a folder from within the app is not a feature yet. You may suggest this to our team. Just tap Settings -> Help & Feedback -> Suggest a feature. You can delete/rename folders from your webmail and our app will mirror the changes as well :).

May I suggest that you include this as a feature within the Outlook app, please?

• James Hawk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today, when adding a folder in Outlook for IOS, it places it at the highest folder level and does not provide an option to add a new folder as a sub to another higher order folder.

• emilie_v_blokland@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to delete a whole folder. I seeing a folder I deleted years ago in the outlook app on my phone but I cannot see the folder when I login to outlook on my laptop.
    Please let me know

• luvalver@microsoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please a the option or function to collapse folders to the side, to show/hide folders contained within other folders.

I currently have multiple folders within a root folder. Incredibly inconvenient to handle in the app.

• Michael Broom Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

I have hundreds maybe thousands of folders and subfolders. On my desktop this is no problem if I want to go to a particular folder but on my iPad or iPhone it is really hard work. Any chance of having a go to a folder dialog? Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 167 168

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base