OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Better Folder Management

Create, Edit and Delete Folders.
Auto-collapse folders in the side bar when the list is too long.
Arrange order of folders

9,738 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Simon Bacal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3396 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dankrieg81@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if i could add / edit / manage my folders from within the app, currently you can only put stuff in the folders, and see what's in the folders, but you can't decide which order they are unless you favorite them, and you should be able to add the outbox as a favorite too.

• Lance A. Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was the number one reason to change to Outlook iOS. I just assumed that it would function similarly to Outlook 2019 with collapsed folders and ability to manage folders from app. Huge oversight by developers.

• evelina.liu@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to delete folders on your phone is very annoying and don’t think it would take a lot to add the feature into the app. This would make using outlook even easier.

• orchidlady50@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All creating a new folder in the iPhone app. When I need to move messages to a new folder I am unable to create the folder in the app on my iPhone

• Mel.issaC123@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to delete folders in the app. Instead of having to log in to delete folders. Why even bother wasting storage on this app if you don’t have a basic feature like that.

• Keith Wigman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have the ability to delete a folder from within the app. It would help the housekeeping of folders and files etc within the app.

• Peter van de Kragt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all. This is really something that needs te be added. Its basic functionality to my opinion. I see al kinds of fancy updates and integration possibilities, but the fundamentals are missed. Why is that? Anyway, here another vote for better folder management.

• Gisela Sim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to add and delete folder via mobile app outlook. Hence the folders that I have deleted from my desktop outlook still reflected in mobile app outlook. 😣

• Stacy Werth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please do this!!!!! Deleting a folder in the Outlook app should be a possibility! All of my empty, old folders still exist in the app. Very cumbersome.

• Ada Lam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can display the folder just like desktop? Its hard to find email when using mobile

• dan@karlinski.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, you are not able to manage email folders in the app. You need to use the website to add/delete/manage folders

Native iOS app allows this functionality.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 169 170

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base