OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Full Screen in Landscape Mode

Have the ability to go full screen in landscape mode without the list of messages. Especially useful on iPhone 6 Plus and iPad.

1,947 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Rob Cofiell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

509 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ian.gray@gapac.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When turning the phone to landscape, the message stays the same width as the portrait mode. Limits the ability to zoom and see same info.

• barrie@restoreyork.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please could the ‘furniture’ around the landscape view auto hide and the ‘reply’ be removed. The way it is presented now leaves too small a space to view the text and images.

• mghekier@microsoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I rotate my phone to landscape, I would like the size of the text to increase, not just show me more of the small font. I don’t want to increase font for ALL text, this would be a sort of opportunistic zoom.

• ptchan@polyu.edu.hk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we are in landscape orientation, please remove/reduce the top and bottm menu/bar as much as possible to enlarge the reading area. It is too narrow even we expand it into ‘full screen’

• stevenmitchell@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two things need to be fixed. First is when you go to landscape reading an email and hide the directory, it still doesn’t use the full screen on my 8plus. But even worse is when you scroll to the end of the available message and click on to bring up the full message, the pop up window is tiny. Smaller than portrait and totally useless. Please use the full screen!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The read area of the actual email should be largen on an ipad pro. You loose a lot of space and even if you zoom in, reading area stays smaller than actual screen.
    Best

Rodrigo

• Nick Klappas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Outlook needs to follow the mail app on iPhone for the landscape mode.

The mail when you turn the phone to landscape the reply and the menus bar below disappears and only comes back when you have reached the end of the email, so you can then reply. This way it make the reading pane much bigger than what outlook has at the moment. Also when you turn the phone to landscape in the mail app it automatically opens in full landscape. This is a great feature. If outlook did this it would make the app far more superior.

• Andrejin, Aleksandar (RS - Belgrade) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear all,
    I would like to ask /complain about narrow message display when reading email on ipad in landscape mode (keyboard attached). White space (margins) around message is big ie. half of the usable space is blank.

Can you adjust so that message is displayed from the message list (on the left) until end of the screen (right) with small margins. I would mean a lot for ipad pro users.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best
    Alek

• Patrick Strader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, have you ever turned your phone sideways to read an Office 365 admin email from Microsoft because it won't reflow to a readable size in portrait view?

Well if you have, you will find yourself disappointed by the amount of screen space that the mail-search-calendar bar and top bar take up. It's at least half the screen.

Wow, it was pretty pointless to try to read that email in landscape mode. I guess I'll have to put the phone down and go read my mail on a desktop like an old person.

• Mortimer, Allen W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In landscape mode, allow the entire screen as a reading pane. Current screen is less wide than portrait. Don’t need to see directory structure while reading an email. Can’t see it in portrait, isn’t needed in landscape especially at the expense of added reading real estate.

• Frode Kristensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When reading email in landscape mode, and selecting full screen (the double arrow icon), there is a lot of gray space on left and right. I use landscape to get larger fonts without needing to scroll sideways. So I need all space I can get.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Splitting emails and having doc like view is a very bad idea for far sighted so please develop an option to expand this. Thanks OUTlook.

• mawgyit@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In email, when phone is tilted, email text is not expanded to the full size of the screen. It only gives us a narrow window. Compared to iOS native mail app which takes better advantage of landscape layout.

• William DeVaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In landscape iPhone XS Max, the single email view has wide bars of useless space. Should be able to use full screen for one email. Thanks!

• Genaro R. Hernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please note that when changing orientation from portrait to landscape, for viewing small text, for instance, once landscape mode is in a good 30% of the bottom of the screen is lost to icons which- in my case - I find USELESS!
    If other people need them, please place them all in one single row, or make them, and/or their spacing, SMALLER.
    Thank you!

• Russ H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When turning the plus size iPhone to landscape mode you get a split screen view.

I would like a message only view

• Bjoern Sprotte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If using ipad in landscape mode, there is a lot of empty grey area around the messages (left and right). Would be happy if the available space would be utilized better. This will make reading easier and reduce scrolling.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base