OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Remove quick filter bar

Please let us have the option to remove the quick filter bar at the top of the mail.

I am never going to use it and it is just wasting valuable real estate.

Thanks

508 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Adam McMillan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

160 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tongzhai Gao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree with all the comments in this thread. We should have an option to hide it.

• Robert DeGutis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The filter button wastes a gigantic amount of vertical real estate sitting by itself on an entire row. That usable space could easily be reclaimed by moving it up to the top bar area next to compose. Give us that space for emails!

• Simon Collis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to be able to remove this. It's just a waste of space for me. The only times I've ever used search, I've had to use advanced search because this search doesn't have the filters I need. It's a waste of screen space, really, nothing else.

• Thomas Elsted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simply add the option to toggle this quick filter off in the settings - its of no use to me as I am practising inbox zero; with less than 10 emails in my inbox at any given time, the filter toggle is just wasting screen space.

• Michael Habre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Checking the outlook app on my iPhone is a nightmare, let alone searching for a specific mail without having to scroll through everything even when you try to narrow it down. I’m not sure why the filter option that’s available on desktop is not here!

• Jonny Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggestion: move the Filter button to the bottom nav bar as there is a lot of white space that is unused to the left of it. Removing this white space and Filter icon will mean more can be shown on the screen.

• John Lisboa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly the only reason I haven’t switched to Outlook from Apple Mail is because this waste of space bothers me too much. I reinstall the app every once in a while to see if you guys finally fixed it but no bueno so far 😔

• John Lisboa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No need to remove it completely, just move it next to the “compose” icon when the Focused Inbox is disabled.

• Sandip Sarkar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Request add option to see mail marked “to me” only/ Marked “to me and others” or CC “to me” only

• Prashanth Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to apply filters on the incoming mails, since the app does this now I need to apply additional filters so that I do not some of the emails on focused folder

• Ward, Blair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick filter icon is in its on line and way too much white space in the outlook inbox at the top. So weird. Should be on the top line beside compose email.

• Kumar, Anil N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should have an option to filter mails basis on from , to and size as we get in outlook !

• - - Ð Ð - - - commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add blocking and filtering options please.
    I mainly use my ios device for outlook now
    And have to go on the desktop to do any filtering. Can it be added

• - - Ð Ð - - - commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add blocking and filtering options please.
    I mainly use my ios device for outlook now
    And have to go on the desktop to do any filtering. Can it be added

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the older version , more user friendly and easier to navigate. Totally agree with removing the focus in box. It's a bit more time consuming by going back and forth.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base