OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Frequent/recent contact list

Under the People tab it would be helpful to have an option to choose from frequent and/or recent contacts. Not everyone I email with is in my contact list and it would be helpful to find people quickly that I have been recently emailing with.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BT Email (cmlewis30) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have the facility to remove contacts that I have emailed in the past but no longer want them on my account/outlook.

• Craig Oxby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to edit the suggested email addresses or contacts that are presented when you set up a meeting invite and go to invite people.
    Currently I am presented with obsolete emails or contacts and not the ones I most frequently use

• Frank, Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When having multiple accounts for multiple businesses, where the same contacts have different addresses for these businesses, it would be great to be able to delete/reset or limit the recent contacts to avoid sending or replying to a contact’s wrong business email. Maybe limit what contacts to look for per account?

• Jeanelle Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I am sending an email, as you start to enter the name of the person you’re sending it to, it brings up people you’ve sent to previously. Please order this in terms of the person you’ve sent most often too is at the top.

• Adam Gillogly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I am composing an email I am seeing heaps of emails I haven’t sent or received from for years. I would like an option to remove all or remove individually email addresses. I contacted support and they told me to suggest this a feature

• Masa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When selecting a contact, I want to see recent messages rather than recent attachments. Thanks

• Keith Platts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I permanently remove a contact from the recents list which pops up when I am composing a new email. The contact I wish to remove is not in my regular contacts list.

• Matthew Pomar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you choose people at the bottom, it takes you to a list of people, then you have to search for the person you want. The person you want is likely one of your frequent contacts. I suggest the default "People" view be a listing of "top contacts", defined as people you interact with most often.

This could also be combined withe idea of having favorite contacts, where you could have tabs at the top that allow you to select:

1. Favorites
    2. Frequent (or top)
    3. All with search capability

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a tab or something like it to quickly find all the emails of the top people I message most often. The search isn't helpful and sometimes I need to quickly find a thread from a contact I email often. It would be a list of people with the # of emails beside names. Click the name and all the emails/threads would be there.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you click people you have your outlook contacts AND your suggested contacts, can we hide the suggested contacts as thats everyone we have ever emailed

Thanks

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But overall the rest of the functionality is amazing! ThankU)

Just two caveats:

1. Screen contacts always empty. I want to associate this screen as a list of frequently used or favorites. Not shown screen if list is empty.

2. If the event to write the room number (Yes, millions of people do it everyday) then it is not a pin on the world map.

• Michael Shalev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The original contacts feature that displayed frequent and recent contacts first was outstanding. Replacing with GAL reduced functionality and degraded the UX, which was market leading.
    Strongly recommend adding this to settings and analyzing telemetry to assess value and user delight

• Benjamin Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

90% of my emails and meeting invitations go to just 3 or 4 people. When I click the To: field on an email or calendar entry, I'd like to see these email addresses at the top of the dialog automatically so that I don't have to type them again and again and again.

Either predict these people based on my activity or (better yet) let me specify favorite contacts in the app.

FYI, one of the contacts I send emails to ALL THE TIME is my own email address. I'm constantly sending email reminders to myself. Just having my own email at the top of the To: entry (or having a note to self button) would be so AWESOME!

• Kent Fonager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could be so awesome, if you could suggest the most used contacts when creating a new calendar event and I want to add a person.

I almost add my wife all the time and the built in calendar from apple, actually does that. But I prefer to use outlook ;-)

• Dimitris Tziovas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Microsoft outlook many years now. Due to health issues I can only move my one hand. If u could make a feature showing all the most used contacts,not by letter as it is now,in order to select the desired one.
    Thank you

• Office 365 Japan Support Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Display Address Lists in Outlook for iPhone

Currently User needs to search e-mail address to fill in the [To] field by Outlook for iPhone app.
    In this case user has to remember the recipient’s e-mail address.
    Sometimes the search process is not easy and User spends a lot of time.

It would be a better experience that the app displays address list of directory and contact.
    User will be able to find the appropriate e-mail address quickly.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

← Previous 1

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base