- Customize Sync frequency

3,226 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
kevin@higgins.me shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1061 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Murray, Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe an option to set the time range of mail retention on the phone would be useful. For example, if I only wanted my device to show the past 2 weeks of email, I could set it that way. This would prevent the email from taking up to much space on the device. The date range options could vary but maybe something like 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, etc.

• Gabriel Priori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar in outlook on iPhone only goes back 2 months. It’s a joke right? How can there be no setting for this, but on Android it synchronises the whole calendar

• edgher@microsoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From time to time the emails disappear and I need to go to the last email and press load more mails. Please keep my emails always loaded.

• nikolay.nedkov@hcl.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Please setup an option to work with data like fetch, manual and push.

It would be valuable also to be able to pop notifications for calendar meetings, while for email to be able to only to badge the number on the app icon.

These options are very important for users who receive emails 24/7 and have hundreds of emails per day. From one side to allow ease of use for meetings during office hours, to spare personal time and battery.

Thank you in advance!
    Niki

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give the ability to set sync days time frame (e.g. 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month). The native iOS mail app offers this feature.

Ability to set how many days to sync (e.g. 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month) just like the native iOS mail app. This feature has been on the native app for a long time.

• Ong, John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prefer if there is a feature to configure Manual Sync and Auto Push. This is because by setting Manual Sync, we won’t be bug by the hundred of notification during our personal time. Secondly, it consume more battery life. Third, we could save the 4G data limit as we can choose to Sync only when we connect to WiFi.

• Ngo, Jason C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook app on IPhone took out sync email date feature. Before it had option able to sync email for one week, 1 month and so on...... Calendar had feature option and why does not have on email. This feature is useful need to put it back. Thanks

Jason

• chrisbowles802@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your Mobile syncing and versatility using the app is awful compared to the PC Outlook. You need to do massive improvement. The syncing needs to be in real time. And it rarely syncs correctly from phone to server and then to PC.

• Mats Hellman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding quiet time would be the number one improvement. It would be very nice to be able to define the hours when the App Syncs email. Ex. 8-17 and then start syncing again next morning.

• Matt and Kym Bidgood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improved synchronisation - folders and their contents.

More timely download of emails from servers, very random as to how long before an email is detected and then downloaded

I would like to be able to opt for fetching data instead of push mail and so I could set it up to fetch manually or on a scheduled basis. Although push mail has its own advantages, in my case it is just a serious and unnecessary drain on the battery.

Older emails are not showing in the inbox, please add feature that allows to choose the sync emails with days wise for example
    Show email for 1 month older
    Show email for 3 month older
    Show email for all time
    Etc..

The syncs between the Outlook App for iPhone and the Exchange account are very poor. E.g I’m missing some inbox folders, even they are existent on the Exchange account on my laptops Outlook and the mail server itself. Checked all the settings, everything should be fine.

• Mikael Svenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress on this one? Being able to turn off push-sync for off-work hours would be a great option.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base