OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Advanced Search

Ability to perform an advanced search on emails with frequently used parameters like :
- From
- Date Range
- subject line
- by folder
- with attachment
- me as recipient: to or cc

5,233 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Milind Wagle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2085 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Charlie Ambler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to search by:
    1. Folder (Inbox or Sent)
    2. Recipient (to:, from:, or cc:)
    3. Subject or Body

And finally, when you click on a contact from a search, add some options to "view emails from, including, or to, this person"

• Riho Pihelpuu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All e-Mails which I can find using search from the O365 web version or using the iOS Mail äpp are not showing in Outlook iPhone.

• Amanda Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s really hard to find emails when you use the search function. It won’t show people you have cc’d when you search for their name. It only shows the ones you have sent directly to them.
    When I search for a name, it should show all emails their name is in regardless if they were directly emailed or copied in. Thanks

• Juan Fuentes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very difficult to search for emails when the entire thread is bundled together. Suggest have email chains visible but also have individual emails exactly like desktop version.

• Theresa Pelkey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s horrible and so hard to find emails

Also the ability to search specific folders from iPhone app

• Charles Hoffmeister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the most annoying things when searching is that there’s no search results just limited to the focused inbox. I have all my accounts with gmail and when I search for email I get tons of results from spam etc that come up in the results. Just like with the focused inbox there should be a “focused” search.

• Randall Wernes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contact search needs significant improvement. Search by company name and both last and first name.

Date and time NEED to be on the emails for goodness sake!

• Enkhbilguun Erdenetsogt (OT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook is definitely a great app, specially on PCs.

If you receive 30+ emails a day, PC Outlook helps you a lot when you need to find email you received or sent.

Unfortunately, on iOS, search is not very intuitive. You can hardly find what you are looking for. It is usually much faster to go back to my office and turn on the computer and search than on my iPad.

Wildcards such as To:NAME, from:NAME don't seem working.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow an advanced search ribbon or box to display in Mac Outlook that you can preset to allow for faster searches.

• James - Peter Bell Homes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to search individual folders. When you have 40 plus folders with up to 500 emails in each it’s crazy you can’t search just that folder.

Get with the times guys and make this happen

← Previous 1 3 4 5 104 105

Outlook for iOS: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base