OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Advanced Search

Ability to perform an advanced search on emails with frequently used parameters like :
- From
- Date Range
- subject line
- by folder
- with attachment
- me as recipient: to or cc

5,962 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Milind Wagle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2372 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • christopher.aiken@ey.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently the iOS app seems to have been changed and now I can only pull up a few recent emails when searching for a person and then selecting “show email” ... we need to be able to go back 1yr+ from the app when searching please!

Also — add more criteria (like subject, from, to, etc) to the search capability.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improve search features for email. Either specific text/name/subject by folders

• Math Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to search on message content. it seems one can only search on email addresses.

regards,

Fred Schulz

• White, Bevan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to search for an email in a particular folder - e.g only sent or inbox or other personalized folders. At the moment the search includes all emails in all folders.

• White, Bevan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to search for an email in a particular folder - e.g only sent or inbox or other personalized folders. At the moment the search includes all emails in all folders.

• Jason Byrne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook search capability is poor compared to Google GMail.

Improve the ability to search email content quickly and accurately

• Matt Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality would be very helpful. The current search functionality is good but if I only want to see emails from or sent to a certain person or over a certain date range, I have difficulty quickly finding them.

• Flaesen, Geir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When conducting a search it should be possible to select filters for items such as to, from, folder, mail vs calendar etc

Filter for the sender or receiver being the main contact.

For instance if I am searching for an email I know my boss sent I will search for their name, but now everything they’re included in comes up so that search feature becomes useless.

please incorporate the same search ability that you get on desktop version. You should be able to search based in multiple criteria. Ie. to, attachment, subject, body text etc. is there a way that I am missing?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 118 119

Outlook for iOS: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base