OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Advanced Search

Ability to perform an advanced search on emails with frequently used parameters like :
- From
- Date Range
- subject line
- by folder
- with attachment
- me as recipient: to or cc

3,527 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Milind Wagle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1357 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sophia Velastegui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to find info even something as recent as last week. This is regardless if desktop or mobile version in comparison to Google gmail

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When searching for feature you should be able to pick the mail box you want to search in

Please add a function to allow me to search specifically by ‘To’, ‘From’ and ‘Subject’

• James Kendall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search function leaves much to be desired. Gmail search is much more comprehensive and searches for the keyword in any email and email address. Why is outlook so insufficient in this manner?

• Jon Ahrendt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The auto suggest for contacts and corresponding emails that show up are confusing. In Outlook on desktop, it doesn't perform that way. It gives you emails, not people. Having the search box moved from bottom to top is less convenient to use than of it stayed at the bottom.

Can’t stand the way the inbox is organized. I want a mobile version that looks and feels exactly like desktop (which I also have). It’s infinitely easier to navigate, sort, search, etc. with all the functionality in the desktop version that allows me to customize how I want it. Don’t have that here and it’s incredibly frustrating. Would be a good way to separate your product from Apple’s. Right now, I don’t see much incremental value.

Thanks!

• Brian Alberto Urrutia Lozano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It,s very difficult to find emails. Even when you type an specific email address, the app just won’t show all the email received or sent to it. Also would be nice to search email by date, recipient to, recipient from, etc.

• Andrew Monu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment when you search for the sender of a past email or subject the results are awful

• Juan Francisco Catalan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search in outlook doesn’t work, and I am almost just to delete the app, it’s only for the calendar with my desktop that I don’t do it.

• Meegan Moszynski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search function in Outlook is terrible. I can almost never find the email I am looking for, whereas in Gmail I always find it 100% of the time.

• Nambiar, Devin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Gmail, you can search multiple things by just typing in commas in the search query. i.e. “from:johndoe@microsoft.com, subject: advanced search, date before 5/26/18” and the search will plug in all those filters. In outlook, there’s nothing like that and when I try it says no messages found. It’s exorbitantly harder to find old messages in outlook than in google. Please please please tell your PMs to step up their game, Microsoft Outlook team.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68

Outlook for iOS: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base