OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Quiet Time

Set dates and times when you will not receive notifications.

3,172 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Darrin Wittbrot shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

693 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • bsteep@pulte.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE the ability to silence email notifications on a preset schedule. I have searched all over for an app that can do this and I have yet to find one. Currently I have to manually go into my settings and turn off outlook notifications when I am not working. This would be an awesome feature!

• Andrew Whippen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to set a notification window for Outlook on IPhone such as to disable emails after 5pm on Friday and not enable until Sunday at 7pm. Or from 11 pm to 6 am every day not to wake you up at night.

• fgr@luxargo.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the Outlook Mail App!

I’m self-employed and on 24/7. However I also have small kids. And just decided that the weekends will belong to my family.

Would love to be able to switch off the mail push from e.g. FRI 22:00 until MON 08:15 (after my morning run) to not be distracted with work emails.

• Mohit Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If through a setting we can disable or enable the notifications for a specific time span, that would be great.
    It will help user to avoid unnecessary notifications on the Mobile.

• Ryan Decker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to pause incoming messages for accounts. For example, I don’t want to receive mail on the weekends when I’m off. Not just notifications.

• Campbell, Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a way to update notifications where they only come during certain times. For instance I don’t want to receive work emails after 7 each night, but I want it to automatically turn off. I don’t want to do it manually each night.

• eshank@fairlabor.org commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide an option to disable notifications during recurring periods like the weekend or after 5:00. Perhaps, allow exceptions, though, for certain senders or specific key words indicating urgency.

• Stéphanie Bowring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no brainer. It was great, bring it back. Ideally with the possibility of setting different times for different addresses. But I can’t deal with getting notifications from my work email, which is the only reason why I use the Outlook app, at 9:30 pm. And I cannot be expected to remember to turn it off at 5 PM every day and then remember to turn it on at 7 AM every day. It was a great feature, why the **** was it removed?!?

• Eggles, Marissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Android Outlook app has an option to set Do Not Disturb which is helpful when I’m in the office, working on my computer, and don’t need notifications to show on my phone. This feature should be in the iOS app as well!! It’s an annoyance to have to clear each notification out on my phone when I’m responding and actioning the emails on my computer.

• tcurrier@leegov.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some employers require that work related email only be read/written during work hours. Could there be a setting to only sync/notify during a set schedule? Perhaps with a temporary override for paid on-call situations.

My current workaround is to disable badges/notifications entirely just to be on the safe side. This inevitably results in delayed responses.

• oliver-colt@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please make this happen I need a break from my work emails when I’m off work but still need to be notified on my phone during work hours

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s never gonna happen? Does antone know what other app might allow scheduled notifications?

• Lauren Martin-Harre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the do not disturb feature where you can schedule to turn notifications off during specific times I.e. at nights or on weekends

• Julia Sunderlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update the app to allow for user to set “sleep” mode or timeframes in which notifications do not pop up. The notifications come through 24/7 currently.

• Brian Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need the option to set a schedule for push notifications. For example - when I’m in the office 8a-5p I’m using Outlook on my desktop and don’t need any email notifications on my phone. However, when I’m out of the office I need the notifications on in case something important comes in. Instead of manually switching on/off, it would be great if you could enable/disable notifications based on the working hours you’ve set up on your calendar or set a range of hours so they’ll turn on/off automatically. Thanks!

• Philip Amour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Outlook for my work accounts and find the notifications useful only when I’m at work. I don’t want to be disturbed by work emails when with my family and during weekends.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to set notifications off past a certain time?
    For example, there’s no reason for me to see a work email at 9 PM on a Saturday; could I turn my email notifications off from say Friday at 7 PM to Monday at 5 AM?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base