OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Jump to next mail by deleting/archiving a mail

It would be much more comfortable when the App would jump directly to the content of the next mail after deleting a mail. So it works in Windows ob a pc or in Apple Mail. When you delete a Mail you see the next mails text.

2,662 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stephan Hoynatzky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

763 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After deleting an email from within a message, I would like it to automatically advance to the next message, rather than back to the mailbox.

The iPad app already functions this way and it takes me much longer on my phone to go through email without this feature.

Other than that, this is the best designed and functioning Microsoft product I use. Thank you!

• palmeb@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook iOS app is inefficient when moving or deleting emails as it goes back to inbox rather than selecting the next message You should make this a selectable option at least.

Regards Ben

• USWebworx Clayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BlueMail does it and I may switch to them. Been waiting over a year for the outlook app to work as it does on pc

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The absence of this feature forced me to move away from Outlook more than a year ago. I had hoped that this would have been fixed by now. Why is it taking so long to implement this?

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable an auto advance function, after deletion, for email.

Thanks.

• Michael Squitieri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE to select what you’d like to do once you perform an action on an email. Instead of going back to your inbox, I would love to be able to go to the next email automatically. That way i can go through my inbox quickly.

• Chad Arkoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On tablet (or phone when in landscape mode), after you delete an email in main view by swiping, the mail display is blank and you have to touch the next email to view it. Instead, the next email should automatically be displayed.

• Mike Neighbors commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you have taken an action on an e-mail, delete, move, etc.,automatically open the next e-mail

Not the same as swipe left or right

• Dave Ings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so, so basic. Why have the Outlook team been ignoring this for 3 years? It is really the only thing I dislike about the iOS Outlook app.

• Josie Stokes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the next unread email to automatically open after I delete the current open email.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base