Jeremy Sommer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1718 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zehra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no SOUND for new emails in subfolders when using Office 365 on Macbook.
    Also, on phone (Android) - Subfolders are not visible and no notification for them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! I want to choose which subfolders to receive mobile notifications for when there is a new email.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey everyone a way to get this functionality is to add to the email rule a display in the new item alert window. This will make the email hit your mobile inbox and you will get the notifications. Once you login to the desktop version the mail is then routed to the correct folder.

Hope this helps

• Clement commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe it has not been added in latest version of Office 365, or Outlook desktop!! Please add

• Josh Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alerts on new email for sub folders.

Really would love an option like this. I have to use other mail programs to get this functionality!

• chrisgatguis@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have exactly the same issue as everyone below. Rules set up for sub folders - no alerts for messages received within those folders. Renders the app useless for me.

• Amit Kaushik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don’t understand why this feature is not there. Though it’s there on Native iOS app. That’s why I never rely on outlook for iOS.

• Max Schonfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only get notified for emails to my inbox. if I get an email to a folder I created a rule for, I do not get notified. please create this feature so I don’t have to constantly refresh the app. and instead will just be notified when I get an email to a place other than my inbox which I rarely even use.

• Stéphane Tradigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi ! Instead of getting all subfolders and getting never ended list.. Drop down menu same as on the computer will make it much more efficient ! Thx !

• Hayden Greaves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft: We are going to limit your votes so you only vote for what's important to you, but we'll return the votes when an idea is closed.

Us: Are you going to listen to us or just leave our ideas hanging for years, meaning our limited votes are all tied up in things that will never happen?

Microsoft: Yeah... the latter.

• Wilson, Kristan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now we have the option of receiving Focus notifications or inbox notifications. However, I have my emails sorted into folders by rules so I never receive notifications for them. It would be great if we had the option to select which folders to receive our notifications.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread began nearly 3 years ago and there's no solution... I'd like to echo the previous comments that Microsoft is a world class organization and it's astounding that there's no solution for such a seemingly simple functionality. This feature would fundamentally improve my work-life balance and reduce the need for me to set incremental alarms just to go into each individual folder and refresh. Sub folders are needed to filter and categorize emails, but when push notifications are not functioning, it severely increases the odds of pertinent emails being missed. If they were to push through on my phone, I could easily view what requires action and what doesn't from my home page without even having to go into the app and manually refresh every individual sub folder. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IMPLEMENT A SOLUTION.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 85 86

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base