OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Contact Pictures

Provide Contact pictures from exchange account, similar to outlook for desktop.

8,637 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brett Trombo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

504 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bill Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be ideal for contacts to work the same everywhere, OWA, Outlook for desktop, metro, Outlook for iOS.

When on Outlook for iOS, pushed contacts do not push images. I no longer use Apple Mail on my iPhone, use this is a BIG miss.

• Edgar Felix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want people to easily distinguish who are we emailing or contacting. We heavily rely on outlook and office 365 syncing. Actually you might want to consider making contacts a stand-alone, feature rich, app that can be used in place of the iPhone phone app.

• dsmith37@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some emails make me manually download enclosed pictures even though I have added the sender to my contacts. This is a nuisance and pictures in an email from trusted contacts should download automatically. Thanks.

• Paul Semonian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really improve things on the iPhone if contact pictures came across along with all the other contact info. Would make it so you would see the photo when the phone rings etc and in messages. Etc.

• Amit Jinsiwale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In one of past few updates an option of saving outlook 365 server contacts locally (on my iPhone) has been introduced which is helpful. Thanks.

Although this option is useful it has not been introduced completely as the contact pictures which have been saved on outlook server are not being saved locally though they do appear in outlook application on my phone. Please have this looked into as on contacting your helpline the reply received confirms that option of saving contact pictures locally is yet unavailable.

• Sanford Block commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a way to toggle OFF the circles of contact photos in the calendar and the new Inbox. In the calendar especially they take up valuable screen space.

• Nathan Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t seem to be able to turn off the ‘Contact Circles’ in my Inbox view. These take up a lot of space, roughly a 5th of the screen, and don’t add much value, at least to me, especially as the view already shows the senders address/name. If it is not possible to turn these off please add this as a user customisable option in a future release.

• Richard Mills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the move to outlook from apple’s mail app, I’ve lost the ability to save photos from emails to my photos on the phone. The only option I can see is to save them to iCloud, which isn’t useful to me

• Dmitry Tsymbal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add contacts photos syncronization from outlook to standard ios contacs app (at the moment only text (like phone number, email etc) is synced

• Robert Voicu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. Why in the Outlook email client there is no contact photo displayed at the left side of the email, in Imbox list of emails, like in the Outlook App for Android ? Any plans to implement it, at least for the sake of being consistent?

• Pamela Sepulveda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to make it possible to add in contact pictures in the next update. I recently tried to add a picture to a friend’s contact but it just said that the photo was not supported and to discard it before saving. I would really recommend adding in the next update contact pictures. Thank you.

• Richard Vandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook app only shows the contacts on your account, it is not pulling the contacts from your iCloud account on the device.

• Carlos Bolaños commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back contact pictures as in the desktop site. When I downloaded the app it was like that. Now it’s boring and awful.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Outlook for iOS: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base