OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Categories (including Calendar Categories)

1) Allow for categorizing email in Outlook on iOS.
2) Show categories assigned in desktop client.
3) Allow sorting by category in Outlook on iOS.

8,655 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Norman Towler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1374 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must as many are using categories instead of folders for filing information within Outlook.

• Myrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using a lot those categories in my calendar through my computer and mobile.

• jtobey@merkleinc.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I set a category for meetings in Outlook on my desktop it carries to the app, but I cannot at categories in the app. This would be great to have

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I changed from Thunderbird to Microsoft Outlook with the categories facility being one of the main reasons. I now find it is not available on the ipad.

• Mike Onyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add functionality for assigning colour categories to calendar entries please.

• Susann K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very frustrating using Outlook iOS without being able to use calendar category colors. Please add this feature- i’ll Pay for it!!!

• Claus Liebl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add categorizing email in Outlook, show categories assigned in desktop client and allow sorting by category in Outlook on iOS. Not having this in iOS is preventing us from switching smoothly to Outlook. The earlier this is added, the better ! Thank you !

• Steve Rankine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the greatest organizational features of outlook is the ability to categorize messages. Not having it on the iOS platform is disappointing and impedes productivity. Please manifest this feature ASAP!

• daniel_nowak@tvn.pl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new feature that allows you to recive push notifications is great, but your favorite contacts in the menu should be in a separate section, not on the favorite list. It’s difficult to get to the folders

• neal.vandenlangenberg@cdw.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that when an appointment has been categorized from the full outlook client, it will also show up in the mobile app. I’d like the ability to create appointments or categorize existing appointments from my mobile app.

• elainaowens@upike.edu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature on the desk top version and is actually transferring the chosen colors now from desktop to where you can see it in the app which is nice/new but please make it editable in app. Thanks

• Panovich, Bryan A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get my calendar category colors on my iphone but they do not work on my ipad. Can an update be made to do this on my ipad ios ? It works great on my iphone but I need it to also work on my ipad

• Adam Coates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setting categories on my desktop is pointless if it's not reflected on iOS. Please add this feature to the app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My categories are colour-coded so it will be easy for me to eyeball my inbox and calendar items. Currently, this only works for Outlook on desktop. Hoping category colours can be added for the app as well.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 68 69

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base