OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Share Mailbox in Outlook App

Good day, on my account on the web I have associated a Shared Mailbox as added share folder, however, I cannot find that option in the app, it would be good if can be added.

196 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jose Alberto Rosas Rodriguez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this feature missing? Microsoft do you have any clue what your corporate clients do with email?

• Vanherle Kristof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setups are made for shared emails and cannot be called up within outlook app, this is a huge missing basic feature!!!

• Inge Goossens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m also using a shared mailbox daily at Work so it would be great to have access in the app!
    Thanks ! 🙂

• CTS U6 Office commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys I could not understand why you had cut this option from previous version?!
    Usually new application is much better than old one, but in this case your new version for me much worse than previous one, only because you cut this option!

Thank you!

• CTS U6 Office commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello!
    What is going on? When previous version of application has allow to send e-mail from share mail box and current does not allow!
    I have a lot off work via iPhone, but I have to login via Safari and use web version!
    Develop team please add this small option to App?!!!
    Guys it is funny if I creat draft in web application or outlook with send from : share box and will open this draft from App I will be able to send message from share box, but not able to create new message with send from : share box!

• Vanherle Kristof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my general email I have further shared email boxes running within. They cannot be accessed from the phone app. It’s not developed or supported, how can that be as this is an hugely important feature!!

When is it coming??

With kind regards, Kristof

• mike@ifm.net.nz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature has a very long history of requests. Sure there are work arounds that can be implemented but it really should be built into the app. Can you please get this one on to the to do list?

• kevin.obrien@conservation.ca.gov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature to add. What’s frustrating, is that it’s so simple to add an O365 mailbox through office.com and OWA but for whatever reason, it doesn’t propagate to the outlook app. Why cram O365 to enterprise customers and tout it’s portability and push people to the iOS app? Then, make the app borderline useless by not having shared mailbox functionally available? I mean, I don’t know about you, but most enterprise customers NEVER use shared mailboxes..... 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

• guillermo.badia@gsgrupo.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a plenty of blogs and articles speaking about this feature. It is about adding your company email + the shared mailbox name on the IMAP settings, but this is not working for me. Can you officially add this feature? Please..

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base