OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Outlook Tasks, Task List & Categories

I use the “Getting Things Done” method at work and use Outlook tasks to organize my work activities. I create tasks from emails, apply a category, place priority, next items, the whole process. I get home and use my iPad for checking and responding to email and check my calendar for the next days activities. Problem is I cannot see my TaskList and categorized tasks I rely on to manage my day. I really would like you to consider making tasks and categories available in the IOS app to match the functionality of the MS software.

265 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Moore, Shawn, Celanese shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • yolandals@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I view Tasks that I have set up in Outlook. I have to log onto my laptop to access Tasks. Is there a way to see them from my phone?

• John Glinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely concur that the Outlook task feature is very important and really should be added to the IOS version of Outlook.

• Dean Lythgoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tasks are too separate when all email is simply a task and simple task management with priority and nested would be great. Easily treat an email or note or anything like a task. Like GroupWise

• Wittwer Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I use Outlook on Windows to create and organise my tasks – It would be great if I could manage and see them in Outlook on iOS, too👍🏻

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you make it easier to make tasks and calendar items from any email? Subject as item name, body as description?

• Vales, Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tasks with better functionallity than ToDo, including marked mails and trasfer of categorie

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be full task integration that allows me to assign tasks and update tasks from within Outlook. There used to be software called Touchdown that worked with exchange servers that did this-this outlook is OK but by far nowhere near what it should be.

• Stephen Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Able to flag emails as a reminder and have the task be in the email app so it matches outlook desktop app

• Michael Coyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to see tasks that you’ve created from the desktop version onto the mobile app and the website version of outlook. Please integrate this as it would greatly help myself and others who use this feature.

Thank you and have a great evening.

• Monroe, Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the biggest problems I have with mobile outlook. Tablets are so advanced they’re replacing laptops. We need outlook to have full features without having to remote into through a VNC.

• Bradley Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to click on an email and then it into a task for a certain day with a follow up function a la Outlook desktop. Not having tasks in this app means I have to use an Apple product for it which doesn’t work nearly as well as MS Outlook.

← Previous 1

Outlook for iOS: Tasks

Feedback and Knowledge Base