OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Confirm folder name when moving an email to a folder.

To be sure that an email was moved to the correct folder it would be good if the folder name would be shown while copying the mail.
Maybe the app could even suggest folders like the mail function of iOS does.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Baldessarini, Markus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • wurdong@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a folder on my iPad and included “/“ in the name. Because of the symbol in the name my desktop computer will not accept/display this folder. I received a message that I should change the name but the app does not allow this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intelligent filing is one of the most basic and important features that is imperative.

It baffles me it is not available.

Pls get this sorted.

• Oliver Tagg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The suggestion of having intuitive filing (based on previously filed emails in the same folder) would be very helpful indeed.

• Burton, Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of my folder names are blank. The last folder names, I have moved emails to, are now blank, makes it nearly unusable.

• Devon Kenyon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use outlook at work on the PC, and really value the ability to save emails for future reference in folders. Make that a feature on the app!

• Guildford, Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each time you intend to a file into your folder structure you always have to start at the top and scroll down in your folders.

It would be better if it started from the last place you finished.

I have many folders and constantly having to scroll all the time to the middle or bottom is a pain.

Or maybe you could do it the same as contacts and have the alphabet and select a start letter so it jumps to for example ‘S’

• Shimp, John J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My folders on my phone do not match the layout I have online (still has deleted folders and disorganized) and it’s tough for productivity.

• sherman watstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hot mail/outlook uses folder name “Trash” while the outlook iPhone app calls the same folder as DELETED. since the site outlook site has been available far longer then outlook app, the names should march.

swatstein

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base