OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Add to rules in app

I auto filter certain emails recipients to folders through rules to streamline my inbox, so it would be great if thru the app you can update rules. I often want to add or update a rule which it seems you can’t do.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Elizabeth Raflowitz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sanka Nanayakkara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could create rules and send emails to respective folders on the app without having to do it on a desktop to create rules. Also when I did create rules on a desktop, they appear and work on the app but everytime I received an email where there was rule in place, the app does not notify of new mail. Only mail which does not have a rule in place and goes straight to normal inbox creates a notification. That is quite frustrating. Many missed emails. I have had to stop using rules and creating individual folders with rules.

• Leverett, Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I manage quite a number of servers, each of which gets a nightly backup, which then advises me, for each server of the backup success (or failure) of each of them individually. Have a rule on my desktop pc that redirects them to folder, thus eliminating the nightly barrage of backup emails - no such capability exists with the IOS version; why not?

• Randy VandenBrink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the capability to add rules like on the pc. Minimum capability should be to process all emails sent to or from a specific email address or domain to move them to an alternate folder rather than the inbox.

Randy VB

• jeweenink@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Block sender and add rules on mobile version. Spam is increasing daily. Very annoying since functionality is already years available on pc version.

• Bruno Blanco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to replicate Desktop App rules. At least Mailbox Rules (not those applied to local files or PST files)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we need rules management und usage in the outlook iOS App.
    I am an outlook 365 user and I have many outlook rules which are only executed if I start Outlook on my Windows 10 client. The rules were not executed in the iOS outlook app. Why? Is it possible to do that? And also manage the ruleset. Thanks

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base