Add quiet hours function

140 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bigwood, Justin [Ferguson] - 0423 Front Royal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • branislav.homola@nefab.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I'm using outlook app. on my mobile for emails and I'm looking for feature to be able to download emails only for instance during the day and during the week, not during the night or over weekend. I'm using iOS on iPhone 8. On mobile phones with Android it is called the Quiet time and it is part of the Outlook app. so I would suggest to develop similiar feature also for iOS.
    What do you think about it?
    br
    Branislav

• Donna Kass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to be able to set an automatic reply letting senders know that I am not available to see their email.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if I could stop notifications after a given time eg after I have left office

• simon.pole@pb.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so needed, I’m using screentime to disable the app at specific times but this really shouldn’t be needed. In this day of age where people are becoming more aware of the detrimental effect of being constantly available this feature should be a priority

• Aarhis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to set sync times (every 30 minutes, every 1 hour, every 12 hour...) and quiet times (times in which I do not want to receive any emails (during the night, on the weekends…)

• Kim McKerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love the ability to stop any notifications from popping up after work hours. No noise, no sound, no little red icon on the app. I don’t want to even know there’s a message after 5pm and not until I hit work the next day unless I choose to go directly into the app to find out!

• Stéphanie Bowring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I felt like killing my boss after receiving an email from him a 9:30 because of the absence (removal) of this feature. I need to be able to turn off my notifications from 5 pm to 7 am. I DO NOT want to have to deal with work emails after hours. And I DO NOT want to have to remember to turn off and on notifications. Please bring back the Quiet Time setting! It was great, I really don’t see why you removed it. Ideally, make it so that each address can have a different setting.

• Stéphanie Bowring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This used to be an option, why was it removed? I too really need to disconnect from my work in the evenings and on weekends. And I need it to be automatic once I set it up.

• Garabigie, George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to the notifications feature in Teams, please allow us to set Daily Quiet Hours (e.g. mutes all notifications between 5pm to 8am) and Quiet Days (Saturday’s and Sunday’s).

This would be incredibly useful for those of us who would like to avoid being bombarded by the workaholic individuals/groups in our company who don’t understand work life balance.

• Victoria Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a teacher who like most, can’t resist responding to a parent email that pops up on my phone no matter what time of day. I would love to have the option to set “quiet hours” during certain times of the day to prevent automatic notifications when not at work.

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base