OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Search Deleted emails

MUST be able to search deleted emails. All other folders show up in “search”....don’t leave the deleted folder out...

204 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tyler, Will shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ghegenba@ciena.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The mobile iOS app needs to be able to search within a folder. The global Search doesn’t currently search in Deleted Items.

• hairbypaola@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a redundant email folder that I’m not able to delete. That’s kinda messed up that I can only add folders but not once have I been able to remove or delete a folder. When I go to the edit folders option all that lets me do is (Star) favorite a folder. Please consider putting a delete folder option.
    Thanks for considering.

• Danielle Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delete folders you no longer want in the app.
    And more features to operate in app as you would when using a desktop

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The trash can and “mark unread”prompts are right next to each other. So you are likely to delete an email one would like to mark for later. This mistake to trash instead, then you can’t retrieve it. A search for deleted msg is needed. Thanks!

• Jen Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of my read emails just seem to disappear from outlook and I can’t find where I’ve paid for holidays like receipts etc and the emails aren’t that old that they should be gone from there, it’s really frustrating.

• DJ Gozum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team

With regards to “search emails in Outlook” once complete and the results are displayed, how does one select to delete and or delete all?

• derrick@derricknation.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have.

It makes no sense that we would be forced to use webmail and outlook on a desktop to search for deleted items. At least include a search bar when you open the deleted folder specifically.

I love outlook and try to use it across all my devices, but I am deleting this app and returning to the iOS Mail app until this is fixed.

• derrick@derricknation.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature.

It makes no sense that I am forced to use webmail or my desktop outlook to search for items in the deleted folder. To make matters worse, there’s no feature to search when opening the deleted folder specifically. I love outlook, but I’m deleting this app and moving back to the iOS Mail app until this feature is available.

← Previous 1 3

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base