OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Notifications do not work in folders

Notifications only work for the main ‘inbox’ folder. If you organise your outlook such that you put the emails you want to see into folders using rules, for example a To Me folder for all messages to you, you will not receive notifications for any emails you need to see!

1,400 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alfie Whelan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

277 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • v774186@global.ual.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mails received to subfolder doesn’t show notifications. Many people reported this but no one is fixing this issue.
    Could u please fix this

• saikrishnaj@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. This feature is really needed. One needs to get a Notification if an email arrives in one of the User created folders. A Notification “ON/OFF” feature under “Rules” for User created folders will be a big help.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notifications don’t work for the main folder at all time. Number of unread mail tag disappears often, that would be great to fix it

• datekiz@mfcgd.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Everybody.

Really good news on the sub-folders notifications -- we see now huge imminent progress: the team has finally started working on Dark Mode skin, which is so awesome!

All the efforts are now concentrated on core productivity features, like the Dark looks of our beloved program, and we hope that the ability to choose a skin will attract many new users.

For all of us, who have been chosen to use MS Outlook as the ultimate enterprise communication platform, the final dream came true: now after long waiting for productivity, we can continue waiting in Dark Mode.

Cheers!

• sszabo.mobile@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same gripes as most commentators here and that is the lack of badge notifications for new mail which arrives in sub-folders to the main inbox. Because of that I tend to miss a lot of important emails when I’m using the app as I do not go into the list view all the time. Very frustrating.

• ccottom@creallc.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you set up rules you can go to advanced and choose display desktop alert. This will make your sub folder emails go to your general inbox on the app. Then once you are in outlook on a PC they will file themselves, otherwise you can move them to the correct sub folders in the app.

Unfortunately, with the recent update none of my folders are staying updated so I have no idea when I get emails without opening all 50 sub folders and making them load, so the outlook app is pointless right now. Is this happening to others too??

• Glen Cosman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do I really have to go into my inbox every day? Why can’t I receive the usual red notification indicating how many new emails I have? This is really basic stuff.

• colinw@procom.ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We receive so many emails every day, it has a fundamental purpose to categorize messages into different folders, in the words, the rules function created by Microsoft, however, if the messages go Into the folders cannot be notified, it diluted the whole purpose of folder rules in the first place... please do add this feature, it will take you guys less than three days to do it. Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base