OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Contact photos syncing

The outlook client will hold contact photos. Can these be synced to the phone contacts when sending contacts to the phone

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Marc Ward shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steve O'Brien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contact photos currently work for contacts in gmail accounts when the contact only has a single email address associated with it. If a contact has multiple email addresses (work and home for example) the photo won’t be displayed). At least in my case, these are usually the contacts that I interact with the most...

While this seems to me to be a “bug”, when I contacted support I was told that it wasn’t a supported feature and that I should post it as an “idea”. Seems mostly supported to me, just with a little implementation issue that can hopefully be easily addressed for a consistent user experience.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please kindly update and enable the syncing profile photo on our mobile outlook app since we are currently seen the name instead of our own photo which set on outlook pc.

Thank you/Brian.

• bpetty@angelo.edu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The photos from Outlook 365 are not downloading to the mobile app in the email contact photos and calendar invites. Please fix.

• ErikYi@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did some searching on this but couldn't find a good answer. It doesn't seem that contact sync moves contact photos from any email accounts in outlook to your iPhone contact list. Is there a work around for this?

• Murray, Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yo the contact photos on IPad dont work at all, they dont show up. Please fix this. And yes I have it turned on in the settings.

• jbisker@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Display your contact's photo on the search page. Right now all I see are letters when I click the search glass icon in the app. This would make it look more like what is previewed on the app store. Also would be nice to be able to change the picture right on the app.

• Bruurs, Jeroen (Cognizant) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When someone is in your address book and calls, you get to see just their number.

Workaround is to manually add them to the local phone contacts which is a lot of work.

• Alex Balcanquall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use outlook for ios.
    I switched to a new phone, i setup in ios outlook account for just contacts but not for email.
    Hours later no contacts.
    Eventuall turned on ios mail to see if it was working and i see you block email sync (and presumably contacts sync too).
    Tapped to turn on sync.
    I get why you block email, but until you are able to hook directly into the contacts app with outlook please don't block contacts sync.

• Rick Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow outlook app to sync contact photos with phone’s contact list. For some reason it sync’s all of their info except for their photo!

Thank you!

• MORIEZ Raphael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Permettre le support de plus de format pour les photos de contacts, en particulier le format photo iPhone. Dommage pour une appli OUTLOOK développée pour iOS :-/

Outlook for iOS: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base