OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Optimize for iPhone XS Max

Hello. Please optimize the app for iPhone XS Max. All of the fonts are just blown up and don’t take any extra advantage of the screen. Thank you.

261 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Johnson, Christopher P shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mingding Wang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s just that Microsoft needs to update this app to support the native screen resolution of iPhone XS Max, which hasn’t been done yet despite the the three main Office Suite apps have all been updated to support. It’s just baffling why Outlook couldn’t be updated together with the Office apps. It’s disappointing that Microsoft hasn’t done such a simple thing to ensure user experience. I know it’a beyond your responsibility to make updates to apps but please relay this message to the developing team. Let them know that all XS Max users have been craving for an update to support the screen res in anger. I have personally switched to Apple’s mail app provisionally and before Outlook update its support, I’m not switching back. I’m far from the only one who’s doing away from Outlook now for this reason. I hope Outlook would take this seriously.

• David Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook app for Apple Watch currently works on Series 4 models, however it does not seem to be taking full advantage of the new screen sizes. On my 44mm model, notifications appear and are actionable however the content of the message seems to be in a small box that is centered on the display and does not wrap when it reaches the edge of the display but instead wraps inside of this smaller box. The app itself seems to exhibit similar behavior, but it is hard to tell given how dark the interface is.

• Dhanesh Lankapati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this quickly. It’s been almost a month since XS Max has been launched. The experience using the app on this phone now looks really unpleasant.

• Mingding Wang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please support the resolution of iPhone XS Max. The rest of the office suite apps are all updated to support it. Why is Outlook not updated? Please do it ASAP since it’s already more than three weeks since this phone was released.

• Mark Hambly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Outlook devs, please compile the app with Xcode 10, this will likely fix this issue for you for free. 😎

• Brimme Leopold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make more use of the iPhone max screen. It looks awfull now. I switch back to spark.untill you update it.

• Christopher Lassu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The title says it all. Please take advantage of the 6.5 inch display. Things look zoomed in and BAD right now.

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook is so huge on iPhone XS Max.
        Can you please update app and font size so we do have way more usable screen real estate

← Previous 1

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base