OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Reply/Reply All

I think it would be helpful if the user could edit the order or Reply All/Reply/Edit Recipients to customize their preferences. Ad an alternative, make Reply the first option.

733 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lyle Guard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

158 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kimberly Gust commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be allow to choose the order to view previous mesages when u reply. I hate the way it is now. I want to reply above the most recent message.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder if anybody has ever got into trouble for accidentally replying all instead of just reply ... can we change this already?

• Julie Bruin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes PLEASE. This is a very dangerous and irresponsible default in my opinion. It really should be prioritized to be customized by the user ASAP.

• Ramsamy, Steven (SPLAV) - KLM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for a big airline and we use the outlook app. But the reply all as default is a big problem in our organisation. Would like to see an option that we could change the default reply in the app

• Soraghan, Lillian K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with those who say the default should be reply to ONLY the sender- got caught in a messy situation because it “replied to all” and yet it wasn’t obvious it was doing so.

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reply All is the devil. That is all. Having it as the default causes more problems than it is worth.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The grouping of emails does not always work as it is difficult to find a particular email in the email thread. Thanks

• Duggan, Tami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I hate that it replies to all by default instead of just to the one person you to whom you want it to reply.

• Batista, Jasmine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once reply its hit it’s almost impossible to scroll through the entirety of the email chain and or cut pieces out

• Christopher Lyons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. This is easy to do on my computer. Frustrating that “reply” is not a possible default on the phone. I’ve already embarrassed myself by responding too quickly. Ugh.

• bolson@emerson.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it more appropriate that when hitting reply, that the default be reply to sender versus replying to all as the default. At least make it an option in the config settings.

• anctochy@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMPERATIVE 2Have the DELETE ALL for junk/deleted/inbox. Very time consuming to delete unwanted or old messages one by one. Not unless I am not aware of this procedure

• Joshua ES O'Shea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked the version before 3.18.0 with its popup menu— when you tapped the “reply” field, you could choose the reply options. It made moving between desktop and mobile similar. I don’t like that the mobile default is unchangeable.

• Mike Hickey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook ‘stacks’ emails according to the last person in the the thread. Show the original email so easier to find

• Kenan Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, the placeholder text of a new reply says, “Replay All” even if there’s only 1 other person in the conversation. It should just say “Reply” in that case.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base